Active Topics

"Confirmed: The UK Won’t Get The Nokia N9, Either. That’s Two Down. "

http://paidcontent.co.uk/article/419...hats-two-down/

“As an organisation Nokia takes a market by market approach to product rollout and each country decides which products to introduce from those available. These decisions are based on a local assessment of existing and upcoming products that make up Nokia’s product portfolio and are intended to provide the best local portfolio for the UK market. Although we are delighted with the very positive reception that the Nokia N9 has received, here in the UK there are no plans to offer the Nokia N9 at present.”
Does nokia understand that i am a maemo fan rather than a nokia fan, and that i have ZERO interest in their warmed-over WP7 products?

I want an open phone, and I won't play nokia's game of bait and switch!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Next

Finland won't get the Nokia N9, dozen N9 prototype testers found dead.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
lol
nokia doesnt give a **** about the n9 - if this is not evidence what is.

laff at those posters who insist n9 wil be supported by nokia hah

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
* Waits for sjgadsby to merge this thread with http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=74450 *

My website

GitHub

Elop is like a matador, inflicting increasingly harmful wounds deep into the heart of Nokia like an already fatally wounded, once majestic beast.

It makes me so sad. What I don't understand is why I still care? It's not like we didn't already know this was happening. Why can't I just look away?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrew_b For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
lol
nokia doesnt give a **** about the n9 - if this is not evidence what is.

laff at those posters who insist n9 wil be supported by nokia hah
this isn't about support, i don't care if it only gets the three firmware upgrades that my n900 received, what matters is whether i can buy it on a subsidised contract.

this is marketing, nokia ensuring that the N9 doesn't interfere in the launch markets of their WP7 phones, and the only problem to me is that it won't make a blind bit of difference because i am a maemo fan and not a nokia fan.

there is no force under heaven that will persuade me to purchase a W7 phone for personal use, i am no interested.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Look on the bright side no need for me to now think about spending £500+ on an N9 only to find out in 6 months it is nolonger supported by Nokia and I have wasted my money. It looks like it will now be android phone replacing my N900 when it eventually dies.

I will then be another long term Nokia user jumping off Elop's burning platform.

The Following User Says Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I Will be the only one in the world with an n9

No whiners.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Seriously??? No Seriously?? I would sure want to know where all this faith on their windows strategy comes. Because what I see is that even microsoft does not believe very much in its success and their strategy is pretty much to make android a pain in the @ss for manufacturers hoping that they might use win 7. That is not pretty encouraging for the epic turnover Nokia is dreaming. And also what if they gain 10-15% of smartphone in the US how the hell is that going to help the company???

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland