Poll: Porting firefox os to n900
Poll Options
Porting firefox os to n900

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Albania
Hi guys , what do you think about porting Firefox OS on our n900
I made a small poll , if you think that it's worth it later we can make a petition to mozilla , maybe they will hear us !

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
petition ?? firefox will never port its OS to N900. Believe it or not N900 is a dead phone for everyone else except for the members of this community. As firefox is Open source request someone in this community to port it if he/she is willing to do it instead of requesting firefox.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
No firefox dosent need to be ported insted hydra by sivox for n9 should be ported to n900 it can run firefox symbian tizen web apps . The app would be opensourced soon as mentioned by the devloper we can wait or someone can create a firefox open web app runner like hydra

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ighlight=Hydra

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
petition ?? firefox will never port its OS to N900. Believe it or not N900 is a dead phone for everyone else except for the members of this community. As firefox is Open source request someone in this community to port it if he/she is willing to do it instead of requesting firefox.
Yeah , it's true that for most of the world nokia n900 is dead but this doesn't mean that we will stop trying , we will make our effort

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
No firefox dosent need to be ported insted hydra by sivox for n9 should be ported to n900 it can run firefox symbian tizen web apps . The app would be opensourced soon as mentioned by the devloper we can wait or someone can create a firefox open web app runner like hydra

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ighlight=Hydra
If this come true , Hydra will be reviving our N900 !

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Northern WI, USA
Originally Posted by UJKU View Post
i thought the same thing about Hydra and the N9, but (i say this with NO disrespect to sviox) Hyrda is too slow to be usable. i bought the full version of the app to help support sviox's development and i hope he is able to better optimize the app, but at this stage everything is too slow and studdery. again i'm really grateful for the work sviox is doing; it's no small task. but Hydra at this time is not a game changer (or reviver) for the N9 yet.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by UJKU View Post
umm... I'd pass. Seen the performance as-is, it'd be slower on the N900.

(+25)

Tags
firefox os, nokia n900