Active Topics

Notices

nokia has stated on several sites that the n810 and the nokia md-7w speakers are compatiable--this is false and it has made these claims and done nothing to rectify the problem---this is not a maemo issue -it is soley a nokia issue and should be rectified by them

linky?

Also, you may want to raise the issue with Nokia - they aren't obligated to read or respond here (though some employees are active members).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dick-richardson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
i doubt anyone will listen without some sort of proof to backup your claim.
what are md-7w speakers anyway and why are they worth the noise?

and surely, the simplest solution is to return them as not working?

sounds more like you bought a box and made assumptions, do the speakers themselves state on teh box they are compatible?

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sendai, Japan
I had a few extra moments so I did some searching. The speakers are bluetooth speakers and it looks like the N810 is on their compatibility list. Now whether or not they work is all up in the air. I know I have had trouble connecting some of my bluetooth devices to my n800 but that was purely user error and I was able to rectify it after some question asking and troubleshooting. Mayhaps we have the same "human error" here?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to verumgero For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
I vote that this thread title be edited or the whole thing trashed if links and more information are not provided by the OP.

Unsubstantiated claims in a forum where people go for factual information is not a good thing, imho...

The compatability site does say it is dependent on the software version of the device. Since they are just a2dp speakers, they probably can be made to work. Search around for using a2dp. I got my Jabra BT620 a2dp headset working (with a good amount of effort), so it really is possible. It's just not easy, only works with mplayer (or apps that use mplayer), and it is CPU and battery intensive.

Last edited by wklink; 2009-06-23 at 01:09. Reason: fixed model # of my bt headset

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wklink For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
It seems the speakers can also make use of a wired connection, as it comes packed with a line-in cable, and the N810 has a headphones jack...

So technically its compatible, but it has to be physically connected...

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
they work with nokia mobile phone on bluetooth so the issue is with the nokia tablet -the point is why do i need to search for deb files and what not--it says on the box that they are compatiable-they should both work -they are nokia products-has anyone who replied to this thread actually tried to get the speakers to work on their n810-

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by yukop4 View Post
they work with nokia mobile phone on bluetooth so the issue is with the nokia tablet -the point is why do i need to search for deb files and what not--it says on the box that they are compatiable-they should both work -they are nokia products-has anyone who replied to this thread actually tried to get the speakers to work on their n810-

Has anyone who originally posted in this thread provided any links or additional information?

So what? What do you expect this forum to do?

If you took the time to point to examples and expand on just what the heck you are talking about someone here might agree with your thread title.

As it stands now verumgero and wklink have done all the work and you haven't even extended the courtesy of confirming that they are on the right track.

Are you now expecting that someone here go out and buy these dang things to verify your claims?

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by yukop4 View Post
this is false and it has made these claims and done nothing to rectify the problem
The burden of proof lies in your hands.