Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
ModRana V0.29-1 has been finally, FINALLY released !!

Whats new ?
  • Wikipedia search (via Geonames)
    • results include a 300 character abstract, accessible by clicking the on map label
  • Wikipedia and address search results can now be used for routing and saved to POI
    • multiple result handling
    • on map clickable label
  • two click map layer selection
    • also used for the navigation language selection
  • fast mode switching by pressing the menu icon for 400+ ms
  • values of option items can now depend on the current mode
    • EXAMPLE: disable map rotation when in cycle mode but enable it in car mode, different map layers, etc.
    • it is possible to list all per mode states for an option
  • individual options can now be reset to their default values
  • better readable text in POI and Search result detail menus
  • fixed GPSD problems in latest SHR (not really relevant for Maemo)
  • fixed a few menus where pressing the back button would not trigger a jump to map screen
  • the height profile now shows imperial units on its Y-axis in imperial unit mode
  • various backend fixes and improvements

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
great work!

The Following User Says Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
I'm getting the message "Loading saved options failed" on startup of Modrana. This was also so in the previus release (began when I upgraded to the previous release and continues in this release).
I removed Modrana, removed and then replaced my battery after 5 minutes and restarted my N900. I then re-installed Modrana but the problem continues. What must I do to correct this issue?

Thanks,
David

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeyman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
I'm getting the message "Loading saved options failed" on startup of Modrana. This was also so in the previus release (began when I upgraded to the previous release and continues in this release).
I removed Modrana, removed and then replaced my battery after 5 minutes and restarted my N900. I then re-installed Modrana but the problem continues. What must I do to correct this issue?

Thanks,
David
Looks like a corrupted options file. Removing or renaming /home/user/.modrana/options.bin should fix it.

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Well that answers that... the file doesn't exist. I'm not familiar enough with the N900 terminal to create that file (don't know that I could even create a .bin file from the terminal) so how does one go about adding it to the /home/user/.modrana/ directory (I'm already root)?

Thanks also for the rapid response to my previous question.

Cheers,
David

Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
Well that answers that... the file doesn't exist. I'm not familiar enough with the N900 terminal to create that file (don't know that I could even create a .bin file from the terminal) so how does one go about adding it to the /home/user/.modrana/ directory (I'm already root)?

Thanks also for the rapid response to my previous question.

Cheers,
David
No need to create it by hand - the file contains a (binary) dump of modRanas settings dictionary and should just be autogenerated if not present.

Things to check:
  • the ownership/permissions of the .modrana directory might have been somehow screwed to not be writable for modRana
  • delete the .modrana directory - it should be also regenerated automatically and important data (POI database, maps, tracklogs) is stored elsewhere
  • run modrana from the terminal (as user, not root) and check/paste here the terminal output

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Here is the result of my attempt to remove the directory:

" /home/user/.modrana # rm /home/user/.modrana/
rm: /home/user/.modrana: is a directory
/home/user/.modrana # rmdir /home/user/.modrana/
sh: getcwd: No such file or directory
(unknown) # rmdir /home/user/.modrana
rmdir: '/home/user/.modrana': No such file or directory
sh: getcwd: No such file or directory
(unknown) # "

I can cd into /home/user/.modrana, but when I try to rmdir it suddenly doesn't exist...

The problem does seem to have been corrected by the rmdir attempts though (the terminal's output of the attempt was odd), so may be solved and thank you to MartinK for your work on Modrana and for taking the time to assist me in correcting my problem.

Respectfully,
David

Last edited by monkeyman; 2011-11-01 at 00:28. Reason: More info added

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeyman For This Useful Post:
Is ther multirouting, multistop routing for the newest version? Can somebody please post the link for the update because modrana has not been able to pick up my gps since I installed it from the apps manager about a year ago so I havent used it much. if it doesnt have multirouting, can somebody include that feature? Thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to volcal For This Useful Post:
MartinK, is Clutter coming anytime soon?

The Following User Says Thank You to skykooler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
There is a bug in the new layer settings code. To reproduce:
  • Menu > options > Map > Map layers
  • click on toolbox icon
  • click "per mode state list"

the layer settings for each transport mode should be displayed.

Now click on the toolbox icon again and click on "per mode state list", now nothing happens. Clicking on back arrow toggles between the two attached screenshots. The only way to exit this loop is to use the application menu at the top.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, martin_rocks, modrana, navigation, openstreetmap, the best, wehasgps