Originally Posted by JadeH View Post
Damn, the N950 would have been perfect with a qwerty keyboard, I just looked at the specs list and it seems amazing! But unusable for me without a physical keyboard.
where are the specs¿?

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by JadeH View Post
Damn, the N950 would have been perfect with a qwerty keyboard, I just looked at the specs list and it seems amazing! But unusable for me without a physical keyboard.
WAIT< isnt THIS the n950? I'm seeing a physical keyboard on it...
http://www.sciencemagnews.com/nokia-...-nokia-n9.html

And about the specs, are these?
http://www.dreambloggers.com/nokias-...pecs-features/

If they are, I'm totally not looking forward. I mean, up to my undertanding a capacitive screen does not have good "pinpoint" (I forgot the name) as a resistive does, so I guess that working with something like Easy Debian would be just impossible.

AND I just HATE the fingerprints on it. I just can't stand. I just use fingernails or the pen.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
No...
Apparently the original design (RM680) with qwerty was ditched because carriers disliked the hinge mechanism.
Although I didn't believe that at the time, doesn't sound like that's the real reason it was ditched.
Either way, if the sole phone that comes out this year isn't QWERTY, I'll be PISSED....

Yeah I was looking forward to the N950 (or whatever the N900 successor is) to actually improve on the N900...

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
No...
Apparently the original design (RM680) with qwerty was ditched because carriers disliked the hinge mechanism.
Although I didn't believe that at the time, doesn't sound like that's the real reason it was ditched.
Either way, if the sole phone that comes out this year isn't QWERTY, I'll be PISSED....
Tend to agree that this was just an excuse.Of all the sliders that have been released, nokia is one of the few that seem capable of getting it right. To all extents, the "N9" appeared to have the same mechanism as the E7 and that's pretty sturdy when compared to the flimsy offering of say, the HTC Desire Z....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:
Not to talk about N97, N97 mini that pioneered the mechanism and while those phones have had their share of problems never have i heard bad things about the tilt slider. If the thinner looking E7 can make it work why not the RM680.
And btw wasn't that whole news started by Eldar, Nokia is more than strickt about talking devices not yet announced. My guess is that rm680 simply got sidelined as getting the soft out took so long and they moved to next wave of protos.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Half MeeGo? Harmattan sounds like a full-on mutt.

Pass.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

Pass.
Most dog lovers know that mutts are the best kind of dogs.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheLongshot For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
Most dog lovers know that mutts are the best kind of dogs.
lol... I have to admit... this is so very true. My best dog besides my great dane (pure bred) was a mutt. It was like four different kind of breeds rolled into a loyal mutt package.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

Pass.
Well its nothing new, the plan all along has been to use maemo 6 w/a meego compatibility layer.
Only difference now is it's slightly more meego-core-xx than originally planned (no surprise there given the progress)

I don't get all these misinformed stories that keep popping-up and confusing people (not referring to OP).
Blogger journalists have a responsibility to get their facts right too...

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-03-20 at 05:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, big black cox