Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by mced View Post
This is not related to us TOHKBDers, but bluetooth keyboards. Or is it?
i believe general, but pushed through faster for tohkbd

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Mine seems to have stopped working. Had gradual increases in 'keyboard removed' and the lights going out over a couple of weeks. Now the keyboard never connects on either side. Am I the first?

I want to sell my TOHKBD with just some day of use, the configuration is cover and keyboard mint, backplate carbon black. QWERTY. PM me if interested!

Last edited by ilpianista; 2015-09-04 at 09:18.

Originally Posted by billranton View Post
Mine seems to have stopped working. Had gradual increases in 'keyboard removed' and the lights going out over a couple of weeks. Now the keyboard never connects on either side. Am I the first?
Hmm, I'm starting to get similar problems.
It's still working most of the time, and when it disconnects, I can just detach and reattach the KBD and it works again.
I hope it won't get worse after some time...

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I experience increasing "keyboard removed/keyboard connected" frenzy moments too, though I don't get exactly yet if it's a hardware or software issue.

Speaking of software, can you confirm Kimmoli that the keyboard returning to QWERTY (or Scandic, not sure) layout after some time is a known bug? Every time my Jolla is sleeping for, let's say, a few hours, my keyboard is back to QWERTsomething layout, instead of AZERTY. I have to set it back to AZERTY again in the tohkbd application. Of note, AZERTY is still displayed in the application as the active layout, but it is not, and re-enabling it solves the issue.

I've had this issue since the first day, but thought it was already a known bug and a fix was coming, but now I'm starting to doubt it is so well known. It can be really annoying to go through the application everytime I want to use my keyboard for just a quick SMS answer or Internet browsing. Enough to make me use the touch keyboard sometimes, or the tohkbd in the wrong layout.

Apart from that, still happy with it, though I have trouble typing on it without looking at it. Muscle memory takes more time with this one than with the N900 I'd say. Very happy with the magnetic back too, I've made a handy car holder with just a couple of metal plates I bended. Ugly but very convenient.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2015-09-04 at 23:07.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Bavaria Germany
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
maybe. very maybe.

-Will it be awesome?
Yes
-Will it be usable for everyday use?
Yes

THIS POST IS ABSOLUTELY NOT UP TO DATE
Congratulations!
Awesome fresh article from Keywan Tonekaboni about "making of" today in german (print) c't-magazine, short version here.
Report is in german only.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeadHorseRiding For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by Casanunda View Post
Hmm, I'm starting to get similar problems.
It's still working most of the time, and when it disconnects, I can just detach and reattach the KBD and it works again.
I hope it won't get worse after some time...
I get this too (doesn't everyone?) - I put it down to the 4g sensitivity issue Kimmo announced.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
Past week, while on a journey (Murphy Laws Seal of Approval), my TOHKBD2 started to suffer the "keyboard connected/keyboard removed" issue.

I removed and attached the TOH part several times and it's working fine now. I bet it's related to the I2C physical connection, since I saw lots of messages about that into DMESG log.

Luckily, that TOH is one of the few parts in my Jolla that can be replaced (thanks to 3D printers).

The Following User Says Thank You to mced For This Useful Post:
Anyone tried wiping the contacts (both between the keyboard and the other half, and between the other half and the mobile device) with a clean lint-free alcohol-soaked cloth?

The Following User Says Thank You to oenone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Yep I did try cleaning the contacts, but as both sides stoppef working at the same time, I don't think it's that. I'd also put it down to 4g interference until I was in the states, which is 2g only for the Jolla. Then it completely stopped working about a week after I got back.

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd