Posts: 10 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Rhode Island
http://meego.com/

What are all your hopes/fears for the future of the n900 and Meego?

From what I've read/seen so far I'm pretty optimistic.

Thoughts?

With not much more than mearly a few months of the release of n900 and maemo 5, the maemo team are already going towards MeeGo... how do you hink it would effect the consumers and the the whole maemo 5 project...
IMO nokia has done a Bad job supporting the maemo 5 os [although it being somewhat open source]... nokia maemo-select's wallpapers and themes are still saying coming soon, prisimic wallpaper maker is still not done... the n900 still has a whole lot of bugs to be fixed...
what would become of this community trying so hard too achieve a great tablet/phone experience???

I am a proud owner of an n900 and i love my phone.... i just want to know if purchasing an n900 at such a high price was a mistake... or a decission made too soon??

The Following User Says Thank You to Ali_rshojakhani For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ali_rshojakhani View Post
With not much more than mearly a few months of the release of n900 and maemo 5, the maemo team are already going towards MeeGo... how do you hink it would effect the consumers and the the whole maemo 5 project...
IMO nokia has done a Bad job supporting the maemo 5 os [although it being somewhat open source]... nokia maemo-select's wallpapers and themes are still saying coming soon, prisimic wallpaper maker is still not done... the n900 still has a whole lot of bugs to be fixed...
what would become of this community trying so hard too achieve a great tablet/phone experience???

I am a proud owner of an n900 and i love my phone.... i just want to know if purchasing an n900 at such a high price was a mistake... or a decission made too soon??
Well I will tell you one thing for sure. Creating a new damn thread for this question when there is a perfectly good and active thread, currently in the process of trying to answer this question, is a bloody stupid idea.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Ali_rshojakhani View Post

I don't see how it makes any difference - the issues with MeeGo are pretty much the same as those with Maemo 6. There may be one or two added issues with changes to packaging formats, and possibly to things like init scripts, but these are issues that the vast majority of current Linux software already faces and deals with.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Barcelona, Spain
I'm optimistic too. I think this can be a very good thing

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Well I will tell you one thing for sure. Creating a new damn thread for this question when there is a perfectly good and active thread, currently in the process of trying to answer this question, is a bloody stupid idea.
Since you're feeling helpful, how about posting a bloody link to that perfectly good goddamnbastard thread?

Like, say.. this one:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=44546

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bingley Joe For This Useful Post:
Its showing the N900 as a reference to Maemo. I dont think you can take anything whatsoever from that.

personally Im very concerened for the N900's future. Yes it will get QT apps and some slight improvements but not enough imo. Maemo 5 seems more and more like an ugly ducking.

The Following User Says Thank You to chrisp7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Why cant people realise that companys dont simply work on one platfrom at a time. Microsoft would have been working on Windows 8 before 7 even hit the shelves, did that mean Microsoft are abandoning 7? Of course not.

A third thread.. at least.
I posted about the content in the other thread, so here I'll just mention that I think the name is pretty bad.

But Nokia have never released an update to an older Maemo based system after a new version was released, so what Microsoft does is irrelevant, and what Nokia does (and will do) is relevant.

According to Maemo history, once a device with Maemo 6 is out, Maemo 5 will be ignored. If N900 does not get Maemo 6, it means that it will be ignored.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:

Tags
just a bunch of