Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by janszoon View Post
thanks for all the hard work on the is app. it is hands down the best application for the n900 since I got mine over 2 years ago.!!

I have been using a previous version of Cutetube-qml (old blue icon) and everything was perfect.

I upgraded to the new one (1.1.7 I think) and now I have an issue.

1) Downloaded videos in the archive wont play (720 res), cuteplayer and media player

Any ideas?

Also - I really used to like the 'fast' ability to D/L video/audio from the button access, not this is up the top in a sub menu...any reason for this? seems like an extra click now...

thanks again for all the hard work !!

J
There are no changes in playback capability. It is limited by the device's capabilities. Videos > 360p will not play, at least not without the DSP patch. The UI changes were made to 'Hildonise' the application, though there are some deviations such as the tab buttons.

My website

GitHub

thanks for the fast response...

so anything above 'normal' 360p will not play cool. good to know - might look up that patch.

JUst another note, when I installed the new version, my old Archive dissapeared. Any way to get this back?

Originally Posted by janszoon View Post
thanks for the fast response...

so anything above 'normal' 360p will not play cool. good to know - might look up that patch.

JUst another note, when I installed the new version, my old Archive dissapeared. Any way to get this back?
Archive now uses the tracker instead of a SQLite database. To view your old archive, go to settings and change the archive folder.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Archive now uses the tracker instead of a SQLite database. To view your old archive, go to settings and change the archive folder.
Just tried this, but can't see what I'm doing, because the screen stays blurred. I noticed this also happens when selecting "Settings" from the drop down menu. The screen changes in the background but the drop down menu doesn't disappear, so you have to tap outside of the menu to force it to focus on the main screen again.

Also, another quick request. Any chance of the lock button on the widget again?

Thankees

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Just tried this, but can't see what I'm doing, because the screen stays blurred. I noticed this also happens when selecting "Settings" from the drop down menu. The screen changes in the background but the drop down menu doesn't disappear, so you have to tap outside of the menu to force it to focus on the main screen again.
Are you using stock Maemo5? There seems to be a difference in behaviour between Qt 4.7.0 (stock Maemo5) and Qt 4.7.4 (CSSU). It seems that in Qt 4.7.0, the change in opacity is applied to the dialog as well as the intended component. This should not happen as the two components are siblings, so I consider it a bug in Qt 4.7.0. I'm using CSSU, so it's a hard one to fix.

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Also, another quick request. Any chance of the lock button on the widget again?
I don't want to make the widget any bigger than it is, so rather than add another button, I will try to get the widget to ignore mouse events when swiping the desktop or dragging your finger beyond the edge of the widget.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Not using any Maemo at the mo. My N900 went down this morning, so gotta perform a bit of CPR on it.

Back in action again again now.
It's frustrating not being able to set the archive path, due to the afore mentioned screen focus bug.
Using official Maemo5 BTW

i'm using latest version from extras.

some videos won't play, time just says 0:00/59:00, others are causing a segfault.

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Hey folks,
Getting a notification of an update to 1.2.7, but when I allow the update it just says unable to update 'cuteTube-QML'.
All other apps update without a problem.

I'm on CSSU.
Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by shazosbourne View Post
Hey folks,
Getting a notification of an update to 1.2.7, but when I allow the update it just says unable to update 'cuteTube-QML'.
All other apps update without a problem.

I'm on CSSU.
Any suggestions?
If you have the old widget installed, you will need to remove it first with

Code:
apt-get remove qmltube-widget

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube