Notices

Are these types of applications ready for the N900? I am accustom to streaming podcasts and Pandora while on the road using A2DP.

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Abuja, Nigeria
Originally Posted by maven1975 View Post
Are these types of applications ready for the N900? I am accustom to streaming podcasts and Pandora while on the road using A2DP.

Thanks in advance!
I don't know about pandora, but for podcasting there is gpodder which is the best podcast app you can find anywhere. its just soo effing good. http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/gpodder/ It also has a desktop app which works with linux and windows http://gpodder.org/ you can read the review about the desktop version here http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/lin...w-119054.shtml (on N810 the desktop version and the maemo version have more or less same features)

also gpodder is one of the apps that uses the accelerometer and can be used in portrait mode.

About live streaming the N810 media default media player supports live streaming ootb so i dont see any reason why the n900 could be different

My Blog

The Following User Says Thank You to bigbrovar For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by maven1975 View Post

Thanks in advance!
Pandora works in the Native browser although it takes a few extra seconds to load, It plays well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mike2k4 For This Useful Post:
I just tried pandora from the web browser on my N900...terrible experience...choppy and slow....back to my iPhone...

Honestly, Why would you make such a remark about Iphone?
You actually made me to go to pandora.com and start random artist (Bon Jovi)
Yes, it really took about 30seconds for site to load- on computer it takes some time too- 10 seconds for me.
The first 2 seconds were laggy, both on PC and N900, after that both were playing nice and smooth for 1minute. The only time it got choppy for a second when i switched to another opened task. Then I just turned it off, to write this message.
Wondering if Apple pays these iphone phunboiz anything?..

Also in mediaplayer there is a podcast live radio and you can add other stations

Last edited by borland; 2009-12-06 at 03:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to borland For This Useful Post:
Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
i find it strange that gpodder doesnt have its own built in player. its just a downloader

Well there was panucci but the default media player has improved.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Abuja, Nigeria
Originally Posted by phi View Post
i find it strange that gpodder doesnt have its own built in player. its just a downloader
That is because it follows the unix philosophy of doing one thing, but doing it very well. Gpodder can concentrate on podcast management while playing podcast is left for panucci which is an awesome audiobook/podcast player.

My Blog

The Following User Says Thank You to bigbrovar For This Useful Post:
I wish there was a pandora app for the n900, navigating through the site is a pain.

The Following User Says Thank You to Romeo0119 For This Useful Post: