Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
and CSSU devs already asked there, to use proper place for feature requests.
Seems this is not proper place either.

The Following User Says Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
I hope not all threads become CSSU-threads.

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Same as updating gcc/++ to 4.4(.6) which would also improve the life of N900 a lot.
This might be possible to do (/start) outside of CSSU. I have tried to get gcc-4.6 packaged on autobuilder, but it makes empty package.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Sorry for further off-topic, but maybe this is why Tanner got 4.4 only on his repo? Would it be possible for you to upload .debs somewhere (assuming all compiles fine and it is only autobuilder prob)? Haven't yet encountered app that would require 4.6, so 4.4 seems fine as fixes a lot of 4.2 issues, but sooner or later it might happen.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
This might be possible to do (/start) outside of CSSU. I have tried to get gcc-4.6 packaged on autobuilder, but it makes empty package.
So that was you. I tried installing it from devel, noticed it was empty, figured I'd look into it eventually, lol.

If you'd like, I'm also, very eager to see if we can make gcc-4.6 uploaded to the repositories, so I might try to see if I can package it succesfully on my end and submit it into the repository. If/when I do that, I would appreciate if you added me to the maintainer list so that if we get it working, we can both promote it down to extras-testing and extras from extras-devel.

- Edit-
Actually, I think I'll try to see if it'll let me upload the package under just the name "gcc", instead of "gcc-4.6". If it lets me (it might not, gcc is already a package name in the SDK maemo repos - that's where I install mine from), I think that would be better than uploading it with the version as part of the package name.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2012-01-24 at 19:34.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Sorry for even further off-topic, but if this can be achieved it would increase N900 life many times over any qt update. There are tens if not hundreds of progs out there that fail thanks to gcc 4.2 in autobuilder. Updating basic things like this is what can/could keep N900 relevant/alive. If you guys need testers I would like to apply

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
Seems this is not proper place either.
Sorry, I don't get what You mean. Thanks for trying, yet!

Just one thing- whatever You guys do, please do not break current existing version It may be outdated, but overwriting it with something not-working - even for -devel guys - would be bad idea. Maybe, that's why initial tests were done as "forks" with version in package name.

I'm quite sure, that such "essential" things should be updated via CSSU - if not just for convenience - but I'm far from being negatron, so keep trying...

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Ok, back to topic.
MyPaint-1.0 (and newer) is not yet possible. It needs newer gtk (and pygtk), which needs newer glib. And GTK might also be hard.

glib continue: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1155248

gcc continue: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1155398

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
existing my paint is something which makes N900 quite unique and awesomeness lies inside this program.It will be great if some one manages to bring innovation with this thing .Rest is all great there .

Of course it was clipboard disaster - the link was meant to be:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=17

Sorry for inconvenience (especially, to Aapo Rantalainen), I haven't noticed this before Your (szopin) post.

Anyway, fixing link in original post context and ending off-topic:

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Well, it was reported in wrong place. This "appealing ideas" thread was started by some hothead, and CSSU devs already asked there, to use proper place for feature requests.

So, please, try again in correct place, and I'm sure it won't get ignored - either approved or not, but never ignored.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-01-26 at 06:36.

I don't really think we're in a hurry to upgrade to the latest MyPaint (which is at version 1.0.0 or so) because the current one, as far as my experience goes, is doing fine even till now. But I'm not against the effort to make an upgrade to the existing one available, so taking it slowly is fine too.

Though, I'm quite perplexed that since N9s have capacitive screens, MyPaint more or less won't work on it... which is too bad since I kind of want the phone with this on it.

Some of the new features added in MyPaint 1.0.0 is the re-worked UI making it dockable (although for the time being they only dock to the right of the screen), and some other generic changes in the brush palettes and a new feature called the Scratchpad, which is convenient for users to try out various coloring and brush stroke combinations etc without having to jot them on the main drawing canvas.

As far as the rendering quality/performance ratio goes I haven't been able to notice significant increase nor decrease either, at least from what I think of it. Other users who experienced both MyPaint 1.0.0 on the desktop and 0.9.1 on the N900 might have better input than me... or so I hope.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FlameReaper For This Useful Post:

Tags
mypaint