Active Topics

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
hi there,

i want to download maps for my N900? i clicked on Nokia PC Suite to download maps but nothing happened!!

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
I think this guide should work:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38872
I think you should have used the search-tool before starting a new thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to MiK546 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ New Jersey
You need to rename the .qf file in the MyDocs of your N900 to get this to work.

1. Connect your N900 to PC in PC Suite mode.
2. Browse to MyDocs and change .qf to qf
3. Disconnect the N900 and make sure Nokia Map Loader is not running
4. Connect your N900 to your PC in PC Suite Mode.
5. Start map loader and you should have to option to start downloading new maps

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
I can not download the Nokia Map Loader. My phone is not in the list!! thats why i create this thread :s

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by salah99 View Post
I can not download the Nokia Map Loader. My phone is not in the list!! thats why i create this thread :s
The N900 is.

http://www.nokiausa.com/get-support-...d#/nokia-n900/

You need to go down and select your language and operating system before you can download.

Hope that helps.

Also, if you're using this program, connect in Mass Storage mode, not PC Suite mode.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Last edited by xomm; 2010-05-29 at 11:32.

Originally Posted by xomm View Post
Also, if you're using this program, connect in Mass Storage mode, not PC Suite mode.
Thatīs the important point!!!

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
i think you are mistake. In mass storage mode Firmware 1.2 connect only external sd card. Internal flash memory usable only in PC Suite mode. I use Ovi beta Suite & last Nokia PC Suite and both of them coorect to load maps to my N900 strong in PC Suite mode.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by gLobster View Post
i think you are mistake. In mass storage mode Firmware 1.2 connect only external sd card. Internal flash memory usable only in PC Suite mode. I use Ovi beta Suite & last Nokia PC Suite and both of them coorect to load maps to my N900 strong in PC Suite mode.
We're talking about the Map Loader here. The Nokia Map Loader uses Mass Storage mode.

And no, in PR1.2, Mass Storage mode still mounts MyDocs to the computer, as well as the miniSDHC card.

(I'm not disputing that you use PC Suite mode to connect to Ovi/PC Suite. That is correct.)
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by xomm View Post
The N900 is.

http://www.nokiausa.com/get-support-...d#/nokia-n900/

You need to go down and select your language and operating system before you can download.

Hope that helps.

Link no longer seems to have Nokia Map Loader.
In fact I cannot seem to find Map Loader anywhere.
Ovi Suite 3.1x doesnt seem to work either for loading maps.

Correction: Got it to work with Ovi Suite 3.1.
For some reason my PC's USB ports on the front of the case only work when the N900 is in Mass Storage mode, I lose connection when using PC Suite mode.
But when I use the USB ports on the back of the PC that are soldered onto the motherboard, my connection to the N900 is stable also when in PC Suite mode.
I could then download maps to the phone without a disconnection message.

Last edited by Maruzko; 2011-06-09 at 13:29.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
The latest Ovi Suite can detect the N900 and it works flawlessly. Map Loader and PC Suite are deprecated, and make sure you uninstall the other drivers before installing Ovi Suite.