Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
Thank you very much for your feedback, happy to hear that you like QSpot!: Currently only the default 160k bitrate is being retrieved, but I am planning to add support the the higher 320k bitrate (and possible also for lower 96k)..
I thought so (lower bitrate). Perhaps as a developer you can answer for me something I wondered about for a while and has nothing to do with your program - but do you know what codec Spotify uses? It's just that sometimes I can hear aliasing in the standard bitrate tracks (regardless of whether higher bitrate versions are available or not), and if it was AAC for example, the 160K bitrate should be outside the range for me to be able to detect it so obviously.

Spotify uses the ogg vorbis codec for encoding of the audio data.

Originally Posted by punto View Post
I thought so (lower bitrate). Perhaps as a developer you can answer for me something I wondered about for a while and has nothing to do with your program - but do you know what codec Spotify uses? It's just that sometimes I can hear aliasing in the standard bitrate tracks (regardless of whether higher bitrate versions are available or not), and if it was AAC for example, the 160K bitrate should be outside the range for me to be able to detect it so obviously.

Really nice application, i am a big fan of both spotify and my N900 so its great that they now can play together.

I haven't used the app that much yet but so far it's been running good. The only problem i have encountered is when i use Qspot and surfing the web at the same time then the sound start hacking and i have only been able to fix it by restarting the app. Could be that the 3G connection can't handle both at the same time.

Thank you very much for your feedback, I aim to constantly improve QSpot.. It is possible that the sound problem while web browsing is related to the 3g connection, if buffering cannot sufficiently be performed. The next version will introduce settings for e.g. buffering, so it can be tailored to individual conditions..

Originally Posted by Trisk3lion View Post
Really nice application, i am a big fan of both spotify and my N900 so its great that they now can play together.

I haven't used the app that much yet but so far it's been running good. The only problem i have encountered is when i use Qspot and surfing the web at the same time then the sound start hacking and i have only been able to fix it by restarting the app. Could be that the 3G connection can't handle both at the same time.

The Following User Says Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rochdale UK
'error: some other error occured trying to relogin wont help)
error.some other error occured, and it is permanent.

help !

Please follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/marcdixon

^
Buy Premium.

Perhaps the OP can put that in BIG LETTERS AT THE TOP OF THE THREAD.

Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
Spotify uses the ogg vorbis codec for encoding of the audio data.
Ah... I see. That explains it. Thanks!

Just one other question I have re: future development:

I doubt you'll ever get offline, am I right?

I would not at this point say that offline support will never be implemented, but this is an option that will need to be carefully planned. The problem is that this would potentionally allow music to bw downloaded and saved locally, and this would not be popular with Spotify. To implement offline support, the audio data will need to be properly secured (encrypted), along with the assoicated decryption parameters. This to ensure that the offline data only can be usedk with the Spotify client and a valid premium account. It is something that needs to be investigated further..

Originally Posted by punto View Post
Ah... I see. That explains it. Thanks!

Just one other question I have re: future development:

I doubt you'll ever get offline, am I right?

The Following User Says Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rochdale UK
Got my premium account now.
Can't you create playlists on the fly from the client on the n900 it's self?

Also... please consider offline mode as a must streaming these tracks over and over again to listen to an hours music each day is a LOT of download ! And more and more providers are moving to these 'unlimited internet accounts that are actually capped with a charge after 2gb d/l'

Please follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/marcdixon

Playlist creation is not supported at the moment by QSpot, because the underlying libopenspotify library currently does not support it. I will possibly look into this at the point when I start to look at fixing some of the problems with the library (and e.g., adding support for other than the default 160k bitrate). I will definitely look into adding the offline support to QSpot, but as stated in my previous post, this will require a lot of care to be taken. It would indeed be a nice additional function..

Originally Posted by marcdxn View Post
Got my premium account now.
Can't you create playlists on the fly from the client on the n900 it's self?

Also... please consider offline mode as a must streaming these tracks over and over again to listen to an hours music each day is a LOT of download ! And more and more providers are moving to these 'unlimited internet accounts that are actually capped with a charge after 2gb d/l'

Tags
premium account, spotify