Originally Posted by law138 View Post
I want to order a USB cover. And sim card holder from them have you seen those parts on ebay ?
So far they are the only online retailer who carry those parts and they do not ship anywhere outside Finland, I took my usb cover out and broke it so I am just holding on until it is available in ebay/

Just talked today a guy who sold his N9 that had cracked screen for 220 euros, bought used one for 300 euros (64GB).
Was quite amazed how much money he fetched from it.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Just talked today a guy who sold his N9 that had cracked screen for 220 euros, bought used one for 300 euros (64GB).
Was quite amazed how much money he fetched from it.
That's the point. Parts may be worth a lot, especially if some mobile phone technician buys it from you so he can maximize his profit. The shell itself, if not cracked, should be worth some 100 EUR at least and there are people right here in this forum who may be willing to buy it.

USB cover, 15 EUR, SIM card tray, 15 EUR. There you go, 130 EUR already for little things.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
You have to pay for it to be fixed :S Doesn't your N9 come with a warranty?

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
You have to pay for it to be fixed :S Doesn't your N9 come with a warranty?
How is this Nokia's concern he dropped the phone? Even if the display was easily available he would have to cover labor costs anyway, so that's like 150 EUR for a new display + extra costs (prolly at least 50 EUR in Europe) ~ 200 EUR together ~ almost 50% of phone's price.

IMO there's no point in repairing at all. Just get a 2nd device. You can easily sell the parts from the damaged phone helping others in here, as said.

Last edited by DarkSkies; 2012-01-21 at 02:08.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Athens Greece
[URL="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-OEM-Full-Assembly-AMOLED-LCD-Display-Screen-Touch-Digitizer-Nokia-N9-/250959192529?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6e55 61d1#ht_1862wt_1165"[/URL]

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
How is this Nokia's concern he dropped the phone? Even if the display was easily available he would have to cover labor costs anyway, so that's like 150 EUR for a new display + extra costs (prolly at least 50 EUR in Europe) ~ 200 EUR together ~ almost 50% of phone's price.

IMO there's no point in repairing at all. Just get a 2nd device. You can easily sell the parts from the damaged phone helping others in here, as said.
Oh I didn't mean the Nokia, I meant the retailer should give a warranty on the phone. I bought plenty of things and they broke never had to pay a thing for the repair, they just always replaced it for me.

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
So far they are the only online retailer who carry those parts and they do not ship anywhere outside Finland, I took my usb cover out and broke it so I am just holding on until it is available in ebay/
Actually I was able to source both the USB door and SIM card tray. I actually replaced my housing from black to cyan. Housing is easy enough to find but the other parts were not listed. I asked the dude that sold me the case and he was more then happy to source both pieces!

Seller was from Hong Kong shipped to US (free shipping to boot - but maybe that was because I also bout the housing). Just got the parts today and they are perfect! He sold me both pieces for a pretty reasonable 12 bucks (considering another seller wanted 20). Ebay user name was: komazys.

Wanted to post earlier but wanted to make sure the products were good first. Both the customer service and gear were excellent.

Last edited by lstrike21; 2012-01-23 at 23:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to lstrike21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ghent, Belgium
Originally Posted by lstrike21 View Post
Actually I was able to source both the USB door and SIM card tray. I actually replaced my housing from black to cyan. Housing is easy enough to find but the other parts were not listed. I asked the dude that sold me the case and he was more then happy to source both pieces!
Is replacing the housing something difficult? I'm still in doubt if the 16gb N9 will provide me enough storage, but I quite like the cyan colour..

Originally Posted by lstrike21 View Post

Seller was from Hong Kong shipped to US (free shipping to boot - but maybe that was because I also bout the housing). Just got the parts today and they are perfect! He sold me both pieces for a pretty reasonable 12 bucks (considering another seller wanted 20). Ebay user name was: komazys.

Wanted to post earlier but wanted to make sure the products were good first. Both the customer service and gear were excellent.
I can't find that user on ebay can you put up a link to his ebay profile ?