Active Topics

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
For those that may have missed it, Board minutes have been posted.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ culpeper,va.
Thank you guys, for care about the community, hope everythink works fine and we can grow up stronger. Great job.

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
Please take this with pinch of salt

I have a funding suggestion :

Add ads for wazapp because it's the most popular and downloaded N9 app and should provide some funding . I'm no expert in this area and i haven't talked with anyone of wazapp developpers .And i'm ready to have ads because i know the money will be funding something good for all of us .
And ofcourse the wazapp developpers should take a payoff for their efforts .

*Just a suggestion*
(i don't know if it feasible )

The Following User Says Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
@Woody/Council/BoD,

Well a few days ago I finally had time to read everything since my last main posts here...
I was going to carefully read the last few revisions & provide some further critique, but as that ship had well & truly sailed* it seemed rather pointless.
I'm disappointed with myself for not finding the time to carefully read the last 2-4 revisions, & provide solid/timely/regular feedback.
Also sad to see how this thread degenerated in the last several pages, to the point that (often) very little about the by-laws was being discussed. >.>
Fortunately, it seems that the individual mainly responsible for that, has been purged from maemo.org permanently.

Re this post of mine and your response....
When I last spoke to them (few wks before my post IIRC), they said that very little about this had been discussed.
They explained that they hadn't been approached by anyone from Council, but that they'd be open to discussions on it.
Now that the by-laws are pretty much solidified, perhaps this should be used now? (we could remove some of Estel's crap 1st of course)
Wait, is the Wiki still broken? If it is, scratch that idea for now... >.>

*except via referendum etc.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-12-09 at 06:52. Reason: typo/grammar

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
@Woody/Council/BoD,

Well a few days ago I finally had time to read everything since my last main posts here...
I was going to carefully read the last few revisions & provide some further critique, but as that ship had well & truly sailed* it seemed rather pointless.
I'm disappointed with myself for not finding the time to carefully read the last 2-4 revisions, & provide solid/timely/regular feedback.
Also sad to see how this thread degenerated in the last several pages, to the point that (often) very little about the by-laws was being discussed. >.>
Fortunately, it seems that the individual mainly responsible for that, has been purged from maemo.org permanently.

Re this post of mine and your response....
When I last spoke to them (few wks before my post IIRC), they said that very little about this had been discussed.
They explained that they hadn't been approached by anyone from Council, but that they'd be open to discussions on it.
Now that the by-laws are pretty much solidified, perhaps this should be used now? (we could remove some of Estel's crap 1st of course)
Wait, is the Wiki still broken? If it is, scratch that idea for now... >.>

*except via referendum etc.
We are already in contact with both Jolla and Mer and of course we will explore any possible collaboration with them. However at this moment our biggest concern is to finish the transition from Nokia and the migration of services, which is being really time consuming.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
We are already in contact with both Jolla and Mer and of course we will explore any possible collaboration with them. However at this moment our biggest concern is to finish the transition from Nokia and the migration of services, which is being really time consuming.
I apologize if it is covered elsewhere, but what is the current status of migration/transition, where is the plan/schedule? We have about 2 weeks remaining, so I assume those are already clear.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
No worries, totally understood, after the transition's finished...
We'd love to hear more about discussions along those lines with MeR+Nemo &/or Sailfish(Jolla).

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
I apologize if it is covered elsewhere, but what is the current status of migration/transition, where is the plan/schedule? We have about 2 weeks remaining, so I assume those are already clear.
Right now, we are pending on Nemein's response to our requests. Keep backuping for the moment...
TMO migration is a different subject.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:

Tags
best wishes, council, whats going on?