Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
It's allowed only if it's from the phone, so in other words, everything is allowed when taking the photo.
BTW I have the same problem with cameraui2, overexposes all the time. I just want a camera app that can do manual everything and not be so contrasty as fcam...

The Following User Says Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
OT: is anybody still working on fixing cameraui2? or is it FCAM that breaks it? looks like we are the only ones who are bothered by that bug... I don't know how to fix it, how about you guys?

OTOT: Half-Life, love your flickr photos! Makes me want to pick up my camera. I just followed you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
I don't really know how to fix camera ui2 and I don't have fcam installed anymore.
Also, thanks for following me, but I'm not really updating my Flickr anymore, no decent internet connection here, I'll post some photos on Monday.
/ot

To sum it up, lens accesories are allowed if you mention you used one, processing allowed only before taking the shot but not after.
Only rotating or resizing and minor cropping allowed after...

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
I believe camera-ui2 was developed by nicolai.
http://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=21992

Since the problem is with fcam, which is most definitely not being maintained, it's not reasonable to expect camera-ui2 to re-calibrate itself to nonstandard drivers which may or may not be present in the phone.

Is there an app that will reassign opening the lens cover to start another program, for example fcam? That way fast camera access would be possible, & it wouldn't be a problem if you forgot to use fcam if it were installed instead of camera-ui2.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
There is Camera Lens Launcher for that. I actually use it for all camera related apps and for the flashlight.
And thanks for the clarification regarding cameraui2 and fcam.

Last edited by vetsin; 2014-05-03 at 12:51.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
It is unclear how the fcam drivers affect camera-ui2, as ostensibly the 2 use separate libraries. That may be true only to a point: if gstreamer is the commonality, then fcam may be altering a setting in a way not wanted for the stock imaging pathway.

The issue is complicated by the fact that BlessN900 uses the fcam driver as well fcamera.

If Half-Life_4_Life still has over-exposure with stock , then I must suspect BlessN900 is installed still. I did I test way back and could see a clear difference in camera-ui2 exposures with and without the fcam drivers installed.

Also, note that independant of the fcam effect, camera-ui2 as well as the original Nokia app have the disfunctional -0.5ev correction. Nicolai cannot solve that as the problem lies in a Nokia binary blob.

Back to topic: I have unfortunately submitted pics in prev competitions that fail to meet the criteria. I never use fcamera's jpegs, for the reason Half-Life_4_Life notes. I always develop from raw (and have recently learnt how to fix the luminance and colour vignette in Linux) and want to continue to do so, as the results are better than camera-ui2 can achieve (at least I think so, others may disagree - no matter). Like Half-Life_4_Life I think fcamera is more flexible.

So, now that I know better, I will see if I can get a result with camera-ui2. Stock jpgs can be a challenge to darken in the lower registers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
I'll try to restore my N900 to factory settings but it's going to be hard. I'll report back here tomorrow.

OT: I think I'll be getting a soldering iron soon so I may try and repair my N900 usb port of course after learning how to solder properly. That kinda work would require some better equipment than just a 20-30w soldering iron, right? I don't know If I will get an entire soldering station or just the soldering iron so temp changing will be a problem. Also, what solder? Rosin core or something else?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Half-Life_4_Life View Post
That kinda work would require some better equipment than just a 20-30w soldering iron, right? I don't know If I will get an entire soldering station or just the soldering iron so temp changing will be a problem. Also, what solder? Rosin core or something else?
A fine tip is helpful. If you are not likely to solder much, a station is overkill. Just use the iron for a short while after the point it starts to melt the solder easily, then unplug it and continue. Usually one gets enough done before it cools too much. Too hot is the major problem (though poorly flowed solder is not good either). Get fluxed solder, as thin as possible.

Remember that you just need to make a good connection and you can brace that with epoxy/resin as per pages on this board.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Upon deistalling every possible app (about 150), I rebooted my N900 and now it doesn't boot up. It shuts down on the Nokia logo.

I think I will get that soldering iron sooner than I thought.

And It will be fun,can't wait to learn how to solder. I might make some stuff wih that.

EDIT: Actually I had to hold the power button a bit longer lol.
Still, with most of the apps removed, camera overexposes but I still haven't removed camera-ui2. I'll do that today and finally report back.
I had to clean up my N900 eventually.

Last edited by Half-Life_4_Life; 2014-05-04 at 13:22.

Ouch! If you used HAM to de-install that should not have happened. Good luck though!

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera.phone, system, voting