Posts: 13 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Navi Mumabi
Hello All,

I am running into a very big issue where i am unable to open my camera, Conversations, unable to save contacts, emails, as i get "Not enough memory to open" or "closing applications". This issue happened when was testing the TestDisk and fiddled with some options which messed my N900. I gave it to the Nokia Service center and they managed to boot it back but the memory configuration has been totally destroyed. I tried all possible commands but alas, all failed. Also I tried flashing the EmmC , which also was not successful. Now, I installed TestDisk and on screen I see:

Disk /dev/mmcblk0 - 32 GB - CHS 977024 4 16, sector size=512

I am not a linux wizard, but what I feel is that I missing the swap memory and the rootfs..

Would anyone please direct me to resolve the issue and help me to get back the wonderful piece of technology

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
You have to flash both, eMMC and firmware.

Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately, I have done both

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Try a search...
There are several threads about how to manipulate and move the swap to mmc and such stuff.
These threads include the comands necessary to get the swapsystem running again, but they also has a lot of other informations related to optimize swapping.

Hi There, Sorry to sound too negative, but i have tried doing that too..moreover, my SD card too is unrecognized....

Another tool that I have is testdisk, but i do not know as how to add partitions ( lke what numbers do I have to use out there. If anyone helps me and feels that this will take care of my problem, then most welcome )

I want someone to understand my configuration and provide me a approach to resolve it

P.S: Sorry for being to demanding. There is nothing I have not tired to restore this amazing phone, but now i've ran out of options...

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Please re-flash, both combined and firmware. You say you've done it. Do it again and post here the exact output of your flashing session.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
After you have flashed, don't restore your programs from backup.

You say you want someone to understand your configuration.

By flashing, you should be giving your system a standard configuration that we already understand.

You say that you flashed the emmc, and you also say that you were unsuccessful flashing it.

Which is true?

Sure thing...Let me run the flashing process and share the screen shots soon...

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by v-9anuch View Post
Hi There, Sorry to sound too negative, but i have tried doing that too..moreover, my SD card too is unrecognized....
Well. my thinking was that those threads has plenty of knowledge about the swap, both the original and how to add a new one.
-So i was more suggesting that you should do the same as you would for a memorycard, but adapt the commands to restore the original swap instead

I cant really undrstand how that can fail...

Last edited by electroaudio; 2012-04-17 at 19:36.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
try to flash FIASCO+EDITED EMMC *(like 8 GB for /home/user ) if want to try download it from MEDIAFIRE.COM hope this help or try cold reflashing
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7