Active Topics

Notices

Finally new version 0.6-5 is in extras-testing repository. Please vote for promoting it to Maemo Extras:

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...tardict/0.6-5/

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Works perfectly, thank you.
I like the clear color layout you have given to the text.

What I am missing is a way to select and copy the results.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Is the source code here synchronized with the extras-repository? For example, does Github code include Wyabdc RealPeople TTS support?

As in, if I want to fix a bug, would this github be the appropriate medium?

And, about images-filename-binary characters bug: this should have already fixed it, at least for html-based dictionaries (check sametypesequence in ifo file). Why didn't it? I am looking at babylon-Britannica; it has those nasty "^^filename.jpg^_" inside it.

If you have Britannica, the word to test is Aardvark. The article has an image inside it, but I could not get a dictionary to display it.

There is also the question of bug-fix for xdxf format, I think. The chunk variable does not get checked for the start-end mess, I think. But that's topic for later; parsing of html-based dictionaries should be 'fixed', first.

Thank you. Best wishes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Maemo mstardict project is hosted on garage: https://garage.maemo.org/projects/mstardict

Source code is in garage git at:
git clone https://vcs.maemo.org/git/mstardict

Web at:
https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/ggi...p/?p=mstardict

Extras repository is synchronizes only with this garage git repository.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@Wikiwide, you mean something like this?

Name:  Screenshot-20150115-085429.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  22.2 KB

Even more annoying than a missing aardwark picture (4D07F93E.jpg) are the missing icons (e.g. D437C110.bmp). (Oh and the colour scheme could be improved too. Dark red and blue on black is not the best combination for my aging eyes )

+1 for fixing MStarDict! It's been bothering me for ages and I've meant to fix it myself but something always gets in the way and then I forget - until the next time I have to use it (which is once in a couple of months ).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Works perfectly, thank you.
I like the clear color layout you have given to the text.

What I am missing is a way to select and copy the results.
To be able to copy the results would be a nice feature which I'm missing as well... Hope someone will add it some day.

Thanks in advance

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to capitannemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Colors, font size and copy-ability of the dictionary entries depend on what widget was used within MStarDict to display dictionary entries. Ideally, it would have been something using currently active theme for both color and font size of the text.

If I understand correctly, it's currently (see src/transwin.cpp ) :
window>alignment>pannable>vbox>several trans
trans=vbox consists of: hbox and Definition=label, where hbox consists of Expression=label and Bookname=label

So, we should be looking at style (or, even better, class - to be same as other parts of operating system) of
label = gtk_label_new("Definition");
to see any change in text color and text size. I am not sure what exactly sets the black background color, though.

[Edit]
label->set_selectable (true) around here should work. Hopefully.
[/Edit]

Thank you. Best wishes.

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2015-01-15 at 22:27.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Black is the default background colour on Maemo. It is kind of OK in the default shades-of-grey-with-some-light-blue-thrown-in-for-good-measure colour scheme (the alternative orange is also acceptable), but it does not fit that well with just any random colour.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
dictionary, mstardict