Notices

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Noosa QLD Australia
Originally Posted by TransTech View Post
@To All: 1. The MaeMeeMo release is delayed because I had to reflash my N900 a few days ago, and I lost most of my work, and I couldn't find much free time nowadays... Anyway I promise I will release it some day...

Thank You.
I installed this yesterday and thank you for your efforts which have given my phone a new lease on life. I can now afford to wait for the Galaxy Note 2. I hope you can release the dark theme some day... soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to dencar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
maemeemo is amazing ,thanks to trans ,it is frigging fast indeed.great work really !

The Following User Says Thank You to imo For This Useful Post:
Thanks for this great looking theme!

I appear to have configured this with reasonable success using the Deb package via apt-get install, but have just one annoying issue I have been too dumb to resolve.

All the screenshots from other users show application shortcuts with a transparent background whereas my icons have a white 'rounded square' background which really spoils the look for me. Although setting the widget background transparency to zero can remove the unwanted white, it also has a negative side effect of making my widgets invisible!

There must be something I'm doing wrong, or a setting which I've overlooked. Can someone steer me in the right direction on this?

I've also been finding the text on the email widget and Foreca Weather almost impossible to read as it blends too much with the background. The Calendar widget is easy to read as the background changed to white with the theme. I was using Black Plastic before, I guess it's possible that MaeMeeMo doesn't update the backgrounds on these two other widgets. I think I'll try switching to a theme with white backgrounds on those widgets and then back to MaeMeeMo again to see if it sorts it out.

Cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew_b For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Andrew_b View Post
Thanks for this great looking theme!

I appear to have configured this with reasonable success using the Deb package via apt-get install, but have just one annoying issue I have been too dumb to resolve.

All the screenshots from other users show application shortcuts with a transparent background whereas my icons have a white 'rounded square' background which really spoils the look for me. Although setting the widget background transparency to zero can remove the unwanted white, it also has a negative side effect of making my widgets invisible!

There must be something I'm doing wrong, or a setting which I've overlooked. Can someone steer me in the right direction on this?

I've also been finding the text on the email widget and Foreca Weather almost impossible to read as it blends too much with the background. The Calendar widget is easy to read as the background changed to white with the theme. I was using Black Plastic before, I guess it's possible that MaeMeeMo doesn't update the backgrounds on these two other widgets. I think I'll try switching to a theme with white backgrounds on those widgets and then back to MaeMeeMo again to see if it sorts it out.

Cheers.
Oh, that's easy, ... Just change the files [present in the below link (achieve)] in your current theme folder>> (please back up before you do this)>>
eg: usr/share/themes/harmattan-theme/images/

1. ApplicationShortcutApplet.png
2. ApplicationShortcutAppletPressed.png

Link:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/1BUrwUAt/...y_Update_.html

and restart your N900.

hope it goes well.

Dear TransTech,

Thank you for replying to my post so quickly. The rar archive you have pointed me to contains image files named wmSeparator /wmtasklauncher/wmtaskswitcher*.png etc, but none named applicationshortcut*.png etc as per your post.

Is this a mistake? Or should I just copy the files into the archive into the theme directory?

Originally Posted by Andrew_b View Post
Dear TransTech,

Thank you for replying to my post so quickly. The rar archive you have pointed me to contains image files named wmSeparator /wmtasklauncher/wmtaskswitcher*.png etc, but none named applicationshortcut*.png etc as per your post.

Is this a mistake? Or should I just copy the files into the archive into the theme directory?
Sorry, for the wrong Achieve, I have re-uploaded with correct one...

Link:
AppIconBG Hide.rar

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TransTech For This Useful Post:
Cheers buddy, sorted.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Coimbatore, India
No, Its not possible, because its coded into hildon-status-menu (if i'm not wrong), and the Hildon UI (hildon-desktop), and not easily editable. (may be closed source ).

Yes, you will need CSSU to install MaeMeeMo, btw you can install it right way.. as you already have it.

For any problem regarding .deb package of MaeMeeMo, please contact the Maintainer (@Marmistrz).

Thank you,

@To All: 1. The MaeMeeMo release is delayed because I had to reflash my N900 a few days ago, and I lost most of my work, and I couldn't find much free time nowadays... Anyway I promise I will release it some day...
2. Transitions file needs to replaced manually, even in .deb mode.
3. Contact MaeMeeMo .deb maintainer @Marmistrz for problems related to .deb packages

Thank You.
@ Transtech, thanks for your great efforts! keep it up. BTW in the first page you have told CSSU stable is not compatible. But for the reply to imo "Originally Posted by imo
do we only need CSSU to apt get install maemeemo?
i have got CSSU Stable ,can i install this simply through fapman?
", you have told: "Yes, you will need CSSU to install MaeMeeMo, btw you can install it right way.. as you already have it"

Which is correct? Pl tell so that I have CSSU stable and waiting to install on my n900.

Originally Posted by bharathkumarst View Post
@ Transtech, thanks for your great efforts! keep it up. BTW in the first page you have told CSSU stable is not compatible. But for the reply to imo "Originally Posted by imo
do we only need CSSU to apt get install maemeemo?
i have got CSSU Stable ,can i install this simply through fapman?
", you have told: "Yes, you will need CSSU to install MaeMeeMo, btw you can install it right way.. as you already have it"

Which is correct? Pl tell so that I have CSSU stable and waiting to install on my n900.
Yes, the latest CSSU Stable is now fully supported. you can install it right away.

The first post is not updated from a long time hence some things are outdated... sorry for that.

The Following User Says Thank You to TransTech For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Coimbatore, India
Yes, the latest CSSU Stable is now fully supported. you can install it right away.

The first post is not updated from a long time hence some things are outdated... sorry for that.
Thanks dude... I gonna try it right now!

Tags
maemeemo