This is an odd one. I just reflashed my device, because for some reason it was taking forever to boot and was getting sluggish.

Now that I have everything up and running again I just noticed that all 2008 applications that i've installed have small icons in the big finger menus. Its driving me crazy lol I actually like the big pretty icons.

Mplayer and Canola both had large finger friendly icons before my reflash and now they have tiny ones. Any ideas? Or another thread that covered this that i couldn't find?

And a second restore didn't help

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
try..... gtk-update-icon-cache -f /usr/share/icons/hicolor AS ROOT , reboot and tell me if that does it

no luck munky! crazy that reflashing didn't fix the issue. I'm convinced nokia doesn't wipe everything when you do a restore

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
this problem just cropped up after a reflash and restore. did anyone find a fix for this problem?

it's pretty annoying and this never happened in the 50-2 firmware

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
Update: Just reflashed 51-3 again, and restores contacts, documents and bookmarks, but not Others, Settings, and Media

Canola, Vagalume, Album Art, Video Thumbnail are all still showing up as smaller icons, but Gizmo and Skype icons are fine.