Active Topics

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Edmonton Canada
We all know the N9 is a damn sexy device, so, why put it in a case?

Well for one, the case that shipped with the device is super nice and very low-profile. And second, out of fears of scratching the camera lens as it sits fairly flush with the base of the device..

Up until now I have had it in a case, but, was thinking of going nude for a little while.. Anyone notice any scratches on the lens?

How do you rock your N9?

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
The OEM case of the N9 is by far the best produced case that comes along with any phone. Yes, the N9 sure looks to kill w/out it's case -- but in the long run it might prove to be an expensive venture.

Moreover, the N9 looks fine with the case too. It is built such a way that it doesn't mar the overall wow factor. And the cut-outs r also the neatest that isn't often same with other phones.

Quite a few ppl have already complemented me for the snug & classy case -- which augments the actual phone itself... opining that Nokia sure have gone all the way out towards this superphone.

So why not sport the case regularly?
Rather than becoming an OCD [Obsessive Compulsive Disorder] case urself looking after it... or have heartaches when & if a scratch comes along.

My 2 cents...

Qorax

I used to case my n9 with the OEM case and it's pretty good although I think n9 in the nude looks better.

I've had no scratches on the lens nor on the chrome strip even after I removed the n9 case for a week or so. I am very careful with my n9, only putting it on soft surfaces and not putting anything in contact with it in the pocket.

However just today my friend accidentally pushed my n9 resulting in a two-foot drop which dented (severely) two corners of the chassis and scratched the front screen a bit. T_T Though what surprised me was the chrome strip and lens was luckily still scratch-free.

So to answer your question, if you have no clumsy friends around and you handle your phone carefully putting n9 in the nude should be alright. Otherwise, it is a good idea to leave the n9 confined in the OEM case (as I regrettably learn)

The Following User Says Thank You to spectrax0x For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by spectrax0x View Post
...if you have no clumsy friends around and you handle your phone carefully putting n9 in the nude should be alright. Otherwise, it is a good idea to leave the n9 confined in the OEM case (as I regrettably learn)
Exactly my point.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Edmonton Canada
Yikes, that sucks spectrax0x! Currently my N9 swaps between the OEM case and a case I picked up on eBay for a few bucks..

I want to have it go nude, but, the damn thing is so slippery I'm afraid it'll go flying out of my hands..

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
I dropped my N900 and scratched the back on hard floor within 2 weeks I got it, before I received a case to put it on, so you never knew what would happen.

The N9's OEM case is super nice and color matching, other people won't even know there is a case if you don't say it. And I think the back has enough spacing to protect the lens from scratch unless of course you got something poke onto it.

I wish I could get an aftermarket case fit like that but those from I saw on ebay don't loke like have an exact fit like the OEM.

The Following User Says Thank You to mcdull For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by spectrax0x View Post
However just today my friend accidentally pushed my n9 resulting in a two-foot drop which dented (severely) two corners of the chassis and scratched the front screen a bit. ....
*smacks your clumsy friend!!*

but 2 foot drop should not result in dents.

Originally Posted by abubakar View Post
*smacks your clumsy friend!!*

but 2 foot drop should not result in dents.
ya it's not the 2 foot but unfortunately the ground was rocky (with small pebbles studded), even the gorilla screen has scratches too.

anyone know if it is possible to pay nokia service centres for them to change the chassis and screen?

The N9 is very slippery but I have an invisi shield on it which gives it so much grip and it feels good in your hands too. I use the OEM case most of the time but when I do take it out, I have the invisi shield all around it so no worries of getting scratches or anything at all.

If you don't want to get a case, I would suggest getting the invisi shield. I bought mine for $15 from eBay, so trying going that route maybe?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiron For This Useful Post:
it seems so funny to push so hard for these thin and sleek devices, but the first thing that people do is slap a case on it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to quipper8 For This Useful Post:

Tags
tocasenottocase