Active Topics

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
Unless you have tiny or incredibly greasy hands, I doubt you'll have too much of a problem in future.
Well, I've discovered that I'd still prefer a smaller device, at least if I'm going to use it as a telephone. While it is downright beautiful, it's also downright ungainly; holding this huge plate of glass up against my head is just never going to be as comfortable as would a smaller device.

(And, btw, it turns out that having sweaty hands is actually the key to getting a grip on an HTC One. If your hands are clean and dry, the phone will slip out of your grasp as quickly as if it were a bar of soap...)

Last edited by Copernicus; 2014-08-20 at 20:24.

See my edit re: cases.

Also, the phone you now have is huge. The Sharp in question is much more pocketable .. it's a full 15mm shorter. One of the things about having effectively no bezels on 3 sides is that you can pack a big screen into a relatively small package ... compare this to the Jolla, which I have - not a big screen, but biggish package because of huge bezels.

Last edited by bluefoot; 2014-08-20 at 20:35.

Why not just get one of the rubberised cases like the standard one that came with the N9 (which has to go down as the most slippery phone ever made).
Ah, well, the idea of making this phone even wider than it is now is kind of off-putting. I've been looking into it, though...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Ah, well, the idea of making this phone even wider than it is now is kind of off-putting. I've been looking into it, though...
If you can't get used to it, swap it for the smaller and cheaper Google (LG) Nexus 5. It might be more to your tastes anyway, since many more developers have it, and what looks like being a very strong Sailfish port is coming along, as is Ubuntu Phone (though the latter has disappointed me on my Nexus 4).

The Following User Says Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
If you can't get used to it, swap it for the smaller and cheaper Google (LG) Nexus 5.
Ah, I did look at the Nexus phones, but (so far as I could tell) they don't yet feature an infrared port. (I'm working on porting my "Pierogi" infrared control app to Android...)

I don't really mind having an ungainly Android phone, as I'm still using my N900 for most of my daily mobile computing needs.