Notices

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Media upload news:
WhatsApp servers have restrictions only for jpeg images bigger than 512KB
but you can upload 10MB or 20MB or more in png or gif format. so need to decide.
make image resize for jpg to 512KB or convert jpeg images to png (1MB jpeg equals 6MB png) or to gif (1MB jpeg equals 3MB gif)

what you prefer?
JPEG 512kb plz.
That will save Data usage to some extent if n when needed. Also Here in India where people are still using 2G, 5+ mb worth data would take far longer to download then 512kb.

Last edited by DrJykell; 2013-09-21 at 04:39.

jpeg resize

I would love to have both (conversion to png and resize) Could you add an option to settings to easily switch between those two? Please. You are doing amazing work! Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to hene193 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2012 @ The Netherlands
Resize please, take's less time up- & downloading and less lag in app.

I think it should be resize if the setting is set, and convert (if the file is a too big .jpg) if not, so that a successful transfer is happening always.

Personally, I don't see the point in sending MB big photos from my camera (as I have a cap on data transfer), so I would rather prefer wazapp resized on-the-fly, doing it in the gallery would be a hassle.

The Following User Says Thank You to mbanck For This Useful Post:
Resize JPG to 512KB is good. I have had some people with limited data complain to me about big photos I send them.

I would suggest to add a resize selection of "512K, 256K, 128K, 64K" in the Settings. It is more flexible to meet everyone's desire.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@Pearl-852 where 32KB 16KB 8KB 4KB 2KB 1KB 512B 256B 128B 64B 32B 16B 8B 4B 2B 1B options?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
Hi,

should the nightly version 35 work now? I've been waiting for registration code for several minutes now and it seems not to be coming. Do I need to use the bluestacks trick?

Thanks in advance

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
bug report:
The group membership editor page on some starts does not have a back button, making it impossible to save group changes.

This seems to happen randomly, restarting the application or the phone does not help

Log File

The only way out of the above page is to either click on a message notification, or terminate the process using comand line...

Last edited by danested; 2013-09-21 at 08:54.

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp