Another consipiracy theory.....
C: "This is a great product, can we be a sales channel?"
N: "What's in it for us. We've had thousands of people sign up for our email alert on when it's going to be available and we haven't even told them about it yet."
C: "If you can blow off your existing pre-orders a while and ramp up production, we'll be your sales channel AND you can charge us retail price because this is such a cool product, we can charge $50 more and people will still buy it."
N: "Heck, what do we have to loose? We've delayed this product a few times already, what's it going to hurt to delay another month or two - OK, you've got a deal."

hmmm.. this morning my order said Processed Dec 3rd, then it switched back to Processed November 15th.

Last edited by skynetos; 2005-12-10 at 01:31.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Internet_Cafe_W3
Damn Nokia, that pic made my heart hurt!

hey.. it feels so good in my hands... you have NO IDEA.
I finally got this unit.. I hope it takes off, I don't want a repeat of my Zaurus!

Last edited by skynetos; 2005-12-10 at 01:25.

I called NokiaUSA to get an update regarding my order; apparently they will be shipping on Jan. 6th. I asked them why CompUSA is selling them before Nokia even filled its initial sales ... they just kept telling me that they will be shipping on Jan. 6th. All in all .. a very useless phone call.

I signed up for email notification on availability of Nokia 770 (back in August I believe), still no word from Nokia even since it was available for pre-order in the US on Nov 14. I signed up for CompUsa's email notification last week and recieved an email from CompUsa Saturday.

I've been patient, but with this CompUSA fiasco, I must say I'm getting a bad taste in my mouth with Nokia, but I will remain patiently optimistic for another week.

I'm hoping something positive comes for us Nov 14th preorder guys this week......

According to Nokia ' Its not what you know, its when you know' about the Nokia 770. We know it exists and that they will ship it, just not when. I cancelled my order and picked it up from my local CompUSA store .. I guess I know now.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Philly
This is total crap. I really want this device, but I can't believe Nokia is f*cking us over this bad, just to give Compusa some 'alone time' with the fricking device.

What rubbish.

No way will I buy it from Compusa - just for this reason.

Drat, but I really want one BEFORE XMAS.

Last edited by dillera; 2005-12-06 at 04:39.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Internet_Cafe_W3
I'm hangin Tough waiting for my Nokia 770, I will be around a CompUsa this friday and I'm not even going to set foot in it. I am waiting for Nokia to make good on my order.

I really would like to go buy this thing at CUSA but i feellike im crossing the picket line at this point, so i will wait for my nov 14th order to be fullfiled. The only thing I want more than to own a 770 is for another company to make a competing product.