Notices

The AppStore Whatsapp differs from the Whatsapp of the Page:

http://www.android-hilfe.de/whatsapp...-8-7110-a.html

Just download http://www.whatsapp.com/android/current/WhatsApp.apk in bluestacks (had to download it via dropbox otherwise i get linked to the Appstore), verification worked...

Posts: 165 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Italy
Originally Posted by The Best Isaac View Post
First of all, thanks to all developers who helped to bring Wazapp back!

I noticed some bugs regarding the translation:

* In Transifex there is no source translation string for "Wazapp Champions" (header in the Credits page)
* In Transifex there is no source translation string for "Thanks to" (in the Credits page)
* In Transifex there is no source translation string for "Wiki Creator" (in the Credits page)
* In Transifex there is no source translation string for "Icons Artist" (in the Credits page)
* The translation strings "Official author, Wazapp creator", "Major Contributors", "UI Champion" and "Developer" don't apply in Wazapp, even though translations exist

And another bug in the About page: The Facebook button/link doesn't work, nothing opens up.

EDIT: Some other translation problems found:

* In Transifex there is no source translation string for "Credits" (in the About page)
* In Transifex there is no source translation string for "Support Wazapp" (in the Support page)
* In Transifex there is no source translation string for "Donate" (in the Support page)
* The translation string "Please report any bugs to ..." doesn't apply in Wazapp, even though translations exist
well.. in my language, "Credits" "Support Wazapp" "Donate" "Please report any bugs to ..." "UI Champion" exist!

The Following User Says Thank You to palikao For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Montevideo, Uruguay
Hi, everything working greate. The only problem is that Wazapp does not start the internet connection. Not at start and not after disconnected after been connected manually. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to fbascou For This Useful Post:
thanks to tgalal and other devs that involve in making wazapp possible in N9. Work flawlessly after the update.

Let me sum up the goods in the update(in the view as a normal user)
- Smooth ui, compare to before
- Picture/media sending/receiving works like the original
- Picture and status update is working like in the original
- Basically works like a charm

Thing that sometime got in the way
- Apps don't start up - Good old fashion reboot will get the job done
- Sometime your contact will not have their picture update automatically, but by clicking "Update Status" Solve it.
- No notification sound, just vibrate? Do reboot your phone first before trolling, mine fix by just rebooting the phone.

To new user that unable to register their phone with wazapp
- Just use your other phone(Symbian,iOS,Android) that officially support whatsapp to register your phone number.
- Then use the code that had been sent to you to activate wazapp in your N9

Hello ; Can you please send me the Login and Message codes? I could not find which one is the working one. I'll be glad if you can assist.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ India
Originally Posted by fbascou View Post
Hi, everything working greate. The only problem is that Wazapp does not start the internet connection. Not at start and not after disconnected after been connected manually. Thanks.
I agree and request developers to keep this in todo list. May be on low priority or they can decide themself.

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by palikao View Post
well.. in my language, "Credits" "Support Wazapp" "Donate" "Please report any bugs to ..." "UI Champion" exist!
Ok, I was wrong about "Credits" and "Support Wazapp", the exist in Transifex. Though the translated string "Support Wazapp" isn't used in the App, but "Credits" is working fine.

Regarding the other strings: "Wazapp Champions", "Thanks to", "Wiki Creator", "Icons Artist" and "Donate" definitely don't exist in Transifex, I checked the original English resource and these strings simply are not present.

Then there is another problem with the button "Open in Gallery" when viewing a contact picture. The button width exactly fits the english text but many languages have longer texts (e.g. German) so the translated string gets truncated (I'm sure this problem exists for other buttons too). One could correct this either by altering the translation (not always possible) or by increasing the button width for example. I somewhere read/heard that in UI design one should always add 20% more width/height to UI elements to fit other translations because english is in most cases shorter than many other languages.
Still the translators should optimize their translations and keep them as short as possible to avoid ugly UI glitches. (Maybe every translator should look for such problems and correct them if possible).

The Following User Says Thank You to The Best Isaac For This Useful Post:
Okay, I tried the suggested fixes for registration problem:
-Bluestacks Whatsapp versions 2.8.5732 and v2.8.7110 both give 'SMS verification error'.
-Registering with my lumia and using that code for N9 gives 'failed. Unknown reason'.
Any other suggestions?

Posts: 165 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Italy
Originally Posted by The Best Isaac View Post
Ok, I was wrong about "Credits" and "Support Wazapp", the exist in Transifex. Though the translated string "Support Wazapp" isn't used in the App, but "Credits" is working fine.

Regarding the other strings: "Wazapp Champions", "Thanks to", "Wiki Creator", "Icons Artist" and "Donate" definitely don't exist in Transifex, I checked the original English resource and these strings simply are not present.

Then there is another problem with the button "Open in Gallery" when viewing a contact picture. The button width exactly fits the english text but many languages have longer texts (e.g. German) so the translated string gets truncated (I'm sure this problem exists for other buttons too). One could correct this either by altering the translation (not always possible) or by increasing the button width for example. I somewhere read/heard that in UI design one should always add 20% more width/height to UI elements to fit other translations because english is in most cases shorter than many other languages.
Still the translators should optimize their translations and keep them as short as possible to avoid ugly UI glitches. (Maybe every translator should look for such problems and correct them if possible).
Also in my language (italian) the button is too short like "Apri nella Gall..." but is should be "Apri nella Galleria".. to understand..
And.. FB link doesn't work!

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
Sorry for bothering you with translation issues all the time but I found another bug/issue: The translation string "Using Yowsup " contains a space because the version number which will be added dynamically in the App. I didn't notice this when checking the translation (and many other translators too) so currently in most translations there no separation between the version number and the translated string which doesn't look quite good.

And maybe the strings in the splash screen ("Loading Contacts", "Loading Converations" and "Loading Phone Contacts") could be translated, too?

Another problem I found in the translation process: Often a string is initally mis-translated because the translator doesn't see the context of the translated string. For example I had to correct some strings in German (Germany) after I saw the translated strings "in Action". Maybe translators should get major updates before the public release so they can check what they translated? Just a suggestion...

The Following User Says Thank You to The Best Isaac For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp