I suddenly got problem when checking for mail (Gmail for exchange) my gmail calender appointments diaper until I update mail again..

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by abuli View Post
I suddenly got problem when checking for mail (Gmail for exchange) my gmail calender appointments diaper until I update mail again..
S*it is getting closer; 30/01/13 is the last date that it'll work thanks to google if you haven't been following the news, everyone across all OSes won't be able to use MfE for Gmail...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by Val Demar View Post
Been thinking lately to finally upgrade from n900 to N9. I could never get mail app on the n900 to retain messages offline for IMAP accounts. Has this been addressed on the N9?
Owning a N900 and an N9, allow me to give my input.

Mail on the N9 is one of the few things I am not happy about. While I have normally less than 100 messages in my inbox, I have one mailserver where I have some 200 to 300 mailboxes. Nested up to 3 or 4 levels deep. The N9 will repeatedly time out when pulling the list of all mailboxes. As I use server-side filtering quite heavily, email on the N9 is sadly useless to me.

If you do not have such a high number of mailboxes, you _should_ be fine.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Yeah, I'd say that's a very rare use case, surprisingly enough >.>

Originally Posted by 6699 View Post
I recently purchased the N9 which was installed with version 10.2011.34

When I first set up mfe to connect to my office exchange server, it worked like a charm. Did not face any connection or sync issues.

Then after 1 week of use, my mfe Inbox suddenly stopped receiving new mails. There was no connection problem encountered during the sync process i.e. did not encounter the red arrow but no new mails were updated into my Inbox. The sync logs also indicated that the sync was successful. The weird thing is that all other exchange folders eg Deleted, Sent, Junk and even Inbox subfolders were being updated. Only my main Inbox folder was not being updated.

I tried deleting the account and creating it again. After recreating the account and completing the initial sync, my mfe main Inbox folder this time was completely empty. All other folders were however properly synced and updated. It is now 2 days since I recreated the account and my Inbox continues to be empty and still cannot receive any mails. All other folders have no issue and are updated correctly after every sync.

All this while, the mfe client on my iPAD is working perfectly proving that the problem is not caused by the exchange server but by the N9 mfe client.

Is this a known bug with the N9 mfe client? Will the new update solve this issue?
Suddenly ran across the same issue today - empty inbox, but all other folders are syncing. Nothing has been changed on the server nor the phone.

Any ideas anybody?

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Don't know if this has been asked before: I use google account for email, and now there are so many mails that searching becomes super slow. The delay I got between typing each word is at least 5 seconds now. Is there a way to improve this (e.g. search header only)? Or do I have delete all mails and start from new?
I found two solutions for this issue:
1) Disabling thread mode shortens the delay from 5 to 2 seconds.
2) Use smartsearch (the built-in 'Search' app) instead. No input delay at all, but the search results contain items that are not email...

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
So Sergey if MfE is taken out for Google contacts can't the regular Google account option be expanded to include instead of just Google Talk contacts but all Google contacts?
I have no idea how google talk contacts are synced, I guess everything is depends on a protocl that Google account is using to sync contacts. Probably, there is some sort of a hack available (if all contacts can be done by a protocol that is used by Google account) and, moreover, you can try to check it in the account settings (just use MeMailSettings to check all account settings ).

Originally Posted by enerqy View Post
I'm having trouble with MfE. When I first got the phone (last Thursday), all the details synced with my gmail account. I flashed PR1.3 (no update for the region), and now it won't sync all the contact details
IIRC google's server syncs everything partially. That means that for example after first sync you will not get Contacts at all. After sometime (don't ask how much time you should wait, I have no idea, ask google about it ), contacts are fetched from the server (N9 finally got a response that there are some 'new' contacts, etc.).
btw, we passed 31/01/2013, so I can't promise that exchange will keep working with GMail as it worked before...

Originally Posted by pcfe View Post
Owning a N900 and an N9, allow me to give my input.

Mail on the N9 is one of the few things I am not happy about. While I have normally less than 100 messages in my inbox, I have one mailserver where I have some 200 to 300 mailboxes. Nested up to 3 or 4 levels deep. The N9 will repeatedly time out when pulling the list of all mailboxes. As I use server-side filtering quite heavily, email on the N9 is sadly useless to me.

If you do not have such a high number of mailboxes, you _should_ be fine.
I'm just curious, have you checked the logs? What kind of error do you have in the logs? btw, are you using IMAP?

Originally Posted by timi View Post
Suddenly ran across the same issue today - empty inbox, but all other folders are syncing. Nothing has been changed on the server nor the phone.

Any ideas anybody?
emm, and logs are saying that your account synced without any errors? if yes, then I have no idea what could be wrong. Try do one small workaround for your issue (who knows,, magic is happen sometimes ). Install MeMailSettings (no, it is not an advertisement , plus anyway this app is free ) and try to re-assign your account's inbox folder to some other folder.

To All: Fetch full MIME option is fixed in MeMailSettings (HTML for Hotmail is going to work again! ), new version is submitted for a review in OviStore. So, new version should be available pretty soon in the store.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
btw, we passed 31/01/2013, so I can't promise that exchange will keep working with GMail as it worked before...
Google extended it to 31/07 or something like that...

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Google extended it to 31/07 or something like that...
hmm, haven't seen any new announces from Google, but it's a good news.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Bedfordshire
My MfE stopped working just about a week ago. Everything was fine, the sync working a treat.
Now - nothing, all I get is "Connection to server failed" and "check account settings".
Well, I've checked, and they're all correct.
I can connect to the OWA service via the browser/firefox on my N9.
If I mis-spell my password, I get a "Sign in to Mail for Exhange" page come up, enter the password correctly and I get the "Connection to server failed".
At first it looked like an expired certificate issue, and there's no way to set the N9 to ignore expired certs from what I can make out. I checked with the system admin, and the certificate doesn't expire until next year. So I've downloaded a copy of it, and added it to my phone. But still, I get the same error.

I think it's an Exchange issue, not the N9, but the client that provides the email service (one of my customers) said that (a) my N9 is an unsupported device by them, and (b) all their iPhone users are getting on OK!

Any hints and tips?

I've tried deleting the account from the phone, rebooting and re-entering the details, etc..

Kind Regards

Rob.

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950