Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Xawotihs View Post
I just promoted Wagic 0.14.1 to extras-testing.
As I understand the process, you can now go vote for or against it here if you want/don't want its promotion in extras.

Hi,

thank you for the update to Wagic :-). One question: do you plan to taggle the scrolling bug in the deck-selection when using the stylus (N900) / mouse (windows)?

Regards,
Glasswalker

Yeah, I just entered issues 575 and 576 in our tracker to avoid forgetting them. We need both fixed anyway for the iOS version.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xawotihs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Xawotihs, thank you for what is imo the major game on Maemo.

I have been testing the Maemo port (too much) recently.

Touch:
-the touch interface could use some precision tuning but generally works very well
-targeting an opponent for damage seems impossible by touch, the opponent's picture highlights but nothing happens upon clicking the image -> one needs to use the HW keyboard arrows + spacebar (default) to select and confirm damage to an opponent directly.
-also the damage distribution screen leaves me very confused with touch and I need to get the HW keyboard to skip through it. But maybe I just don't get it yet.

It would be nice if one could play a gaming without having to rely on the hardware keyboard.

Your time and effort to fine tune this application on Maemo will be greatly appreciated.

General IA:

-the massive processing power of Cortex A8 seems not to be put to good use. The AI does not think very long and comes up with not so clever moves / non moves
Is there a way to choose longer calculation times resulting in more challenging (natural game play?
)

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Xawotihs, thank you for what is imo the major game on Maemo.
I have been testing the Maemo port (too much) recently.
You're welcome. I think it does that to a lot of people, IMHO it's related to the addictive nature of MTG

Touch:
-the touch interface could use some precision tuning but generally works very well
-targeting an opponent for damage seems impossible by touch, the opponent's picture highlights but nothing happens upon clicking the image -> one needs to use the HW keyboard arrows + spacebar (default) to select and confirm damage to an opponent directly.
Actually, it does work but you need to be aware of the algorithm : it selects the closest top-left corner of an element in the game. As the opponent is already at the top left corner, if you don't touch carefully, it does not work and select the opponent graveyard or first card.... I agree it sucks and we should change it ... probably by displaying larger player avatars

-also the damage distribution screen leaves me very confused with touch and I need to get the HW keyboard to skip through it. But maybe I just don't get it yet.
I must say, it's confusing for me as well =)

It would be nice if one could play a gaming without having to rely on the hardware keyboard.
Your time and effort to fine tune this application on Maemo will be greatly appreciated.
Well, I have the same feeling. The first port of Wagic on the N900 had no touch support and it was actually painful to play for me, that's why I added touch and mouse support for the desktop.

-the massive processing power of Cortex A8 seems not to be put to good use. The AI does not think very long and comes up with not so clever moves / non moves
Is there a way to choose longer calculation times resulting in more challenging (natural game play?
)
Several things here:
- the difficulty settings allows the AI to start first and even play several turns before you start... you should try it, it's very challenging.
- the AI decks, especially the hard ones, are customized to be played correctly by the AI, so it's hard to beat them.
- apart from that, I agree that the wagic AI is ******ed We have several idea in the Wagic team to improve that.

Last, but not least, if you like Wagic on N900, go vote for it here so that it gets promoted to Extra !!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Xawotihs For This Useful Post:
Thanks again for all your hard work.

I was wondering : is there a way to skip phase using the touch interface ? Right now, I'm using a volume key press, but it feels a bit awkward. It would be nice to use the touchscreen, something like a swipe gesture on the phase indicator on the left would be awesome, it would feel very natural given the way the phase indicator is animated.

I like those volume buttons (you can use the other one to interrupt or cancel an action btw). I tried to experiment with Qt gesture management but last time I tried, it was not working properly on Maemo. I may give it another go. I think the best way would be to roll the phase wheel on the left to go to the next phase.

Yes, that's what I meant but you phrased it better than I did.

Thanks for the tip about the interrupt, it might prove useful. Using the volume buttons is nice, but it's not very comfortable for me (probably related to the way I hold the phone). And I'm a bit concerned about long-term wear of the buttons.
Anyway, don't consider this suggestion high-priority : the game is already great as it is. This would just be icing on the cake.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
I've encountered 2 strange bugs while playing, though I cannot recreate them (as I did not do anything special while they occurred)... I do have screenshots of them - should I post it here?
On another issue, it seems that some of the cards I have still does not have a picture (e.g they have text only), is this normal? can something be done about it?

• You can post here the maemo or touch-interface related problems.
  • All cards related or non-maemo specific bugs can be posted on wagic forum bug thread
  • You can also use directly our bug tracker for any kind of bug

Be sure to be as precise as possible (snapshots are perfects) when you report the bugs.

The Following User Says Thank You to Xawotihs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Ah thanks
I don't use the touch interface (I prefer the keyboard), so I guess I'll use the wololo forum...

Tags
bada blows, bada rox, question