Active Topics

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by chillip View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph.se
Another minor annoyance is that it says "All day: " when I would prefer no text at all.

The reason I have added is to avoid confusion if no time is displayed at all. I agree that it could be removed for the next version unless someone here speaks up that it is really required.
IMHO, it is needed information and gives also a consistent structure..

Do you think it would be a better idea to use the start time of the first event in both cases?
Don't have any opinion, after hearing your explanation current behavior makes more sense to me

In which view mode and do you mean vertical spacing between the title and the footer? I have had one report where Google Calendar always adds a space in the description field of an all-day event which the current version displays. I have worked around this in the current development version and that fix will be included in the next releases.
This was the issue, I didn't notice it since I don't use the description field on any of my events, only the title.

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
IMHO, it is needed information and gives also a consistent structure..
I mostly use all day events so to me it is different...

Another thing I thought about was that in aggregated mode the "Maximum shown entries" should probably mean the number of days/feed items and not events.

Originally Posted by glyph.se View Post
I mostly use all day events so to me it is different...
I'll probably add templating support for aggregated view modes so this can be overriden manually.

Originally Posted by glyph.se View Post
Another thing I thought about was that in aggregated mode the "Maximum shown entries" should probably mean the number of days/feed items and not events.
Yes, that's something I'm planning to tackle with the new view modes.

The Following User Says Thank You to chillip For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
About :time field in the footer: .. is it important for something ?
In aggregated mode .. maybe for time after end of last event in day (first free time). But this is only possible by ignoring the all-day events.
For me, this field is useless. In the future would be good if it were possible to hide the field. More space for feeds.
PS: i have problem with "not fully activated account" for PM. I am working on it.

Originally Posted by Kaacz View Post
About :time field in the footer: .. is it important for something ?
The footer is required by the home screen (it is used to sort the entries descendingly).

In aggregated mode .. maybe for time after end of last event in day (first free time). But this is only possible by ignoring the all-day events.
Yes, that's a good idea. I'll add it in the next version.

PS: i have problem with "not fully activated account" for PM. I am working on it.
Don't worry - I'll PM you. You can also contact me via organiserfeed (at) bithub.de

Last edited by chillip; 2012-03-13 at 17:31. Reason: Add more info

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
hi can you tell how the birthday feature works? I have birthdays merged from facebook contacts but I don't see them in events even if I have set look up to 3 weeks (2 birthdays should appear now) in organise feed. Perhaps this has something to do with the calendar? As I don't see any birthday mark in the calendar on the supposed date and adding one is not possible either.

Last edited by Kozzi; 2012-03-13 at 18:45.

Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
hi can you tell how the birthday feature works? I have birthdays merged from facebook contacts but I don't see them in events even if I have set look up to 3 weeks (2 birthdays should appear now) in organise feed. Perhaps this has something to do with the calendar? As I don't see any birthday mark in the calendar on the supposed date.
If you're running PR 1.2 they should show up as long as their shown in the stock calendar application as well. In case you're still on PR 1.1 you can use MeeBirthdays to create events from your adressbook and Organiser Feed will identify those and display them nicely (icon and age calculation).

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
I got it shown now by adding birthdays manually . Wonder if this is a bug or harmattan just doesnt support birthday entries created by facebook.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland
Is there a limitation of number of events per day in aggregation mode?
I had 6 short meetings scheduled for today but they were split in the events feed. Seems like max amount per day is 4.

Originally Posted by eres View Post
Is there a limitation of number of events per day in aggregation mode?
I had 6 short meetings scheduled for today but they were split in the events feed. Seems like max amount per day is 4.
The feed limits the description area to 5 lines or a maximum of 512 characters (including HTML markup) that's why I'm splitting into multiple entries after that.