Active Topics

Notices

latest cutetube works like a charm, much more responsive than previous qml version i had installed, but i do have 2 requests.

Firstly, I wonder if its possible to reimplement the internal media player from old versions. it was handy and avoided context switches everytime you go in/out of playback.

Secondly, I like the new menu screen but feel the views when you click on a video (info, comments etc) seem to lack the same polish. there just seems to be lots of wasted/empty space. in this aspect, i think the qml version was superior.

Thanks for a the continued support of these apps, it is much appreciated.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
If someone has an updated youtube-dl-x file, could you post it here?

I'm not finding it anywhere online.

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
This kind of thing is only going to get worse, and is a reminder of what the 'ecosystem' really means for the consumer. I'll stick with my N900.
speaking of sticking with things, i really like the qml version, please tell me this is going to get fixed too.. i much prefer it to the non qml version

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marbleuser For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by marbleuser View Post
speaking of sticking with things, i really like the qml version, please tell me this is going to get fixed too.. i much prefer it to the non qml version
Update is in autobuilder queue now.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
latest cutetube works like a charm, much more responsive than previous qml version i had installed, but i do have 2 requests.

Firstly, I wonder if its possible to reimplement the internal media player from old versions. it was handy and avoided context switches everytime you go in/out of playback.
I plan to implement it alongside the existing options soon.

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Secondly, I like the new menu screen but feel the views when you click on a video (info, comments etc) seem to lack the same polish. there just seems to be lots of wasted/empty space. in this aspect, i think the qml version was superior.
I think the layout is the same, but for most themes, the background is plain black, which emphasises the space. Also, there is no tab bar. The tab bar may be implemented, but the Hildon standard is to use the menu for those functions.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
If someone has an updated youtube-dl-x file, could you post it here?

I'm not finding it anywhere online.
If you can post the script you are using now, I'll have a look at it. It should be easy to fix.

New youtube-dl script is available from http://rg3.github.com/youtube-dl/download.html

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2012-09-28 at 14:03.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Reading, Berkshire, UK
Originally Posted by tcbl50 View Post
dude you're sounding very rude! this app is made free of charge on the owners spare time..if you had bothered to read one page back you would have realised that steps are being taken to address the issue!

be grateful!
Umm - I am... but I was looking everywhere to be able to simply report an issue with setting the app up with my Youtube account - and this side of things was broken - but there wasn't a simple "Report Problem" process.

I'm just a humble end-user... not a developer... it broke.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Reading, Berkshire, UK
Basically - the bug tracker that is on this site didn't offer CuteTube as an option on their software list... so I wasn't easily able ot raise a ticket...

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Thank you very much, Marxian, for the continued maintenance and development of Cutetube-QML for the N900 -- it's one of those applications that I use daily. Working nicely again with the new update. With many developers switching over to other platforms, it's nice to see that some still show support for the ol' N900.

By the way, are there any potential successors to the N900 on the horizon, that features a hardware keyboard? I know the new Nokia Lumia 920 has been praised, but there's no hardware keyboard version planned for that, right?

To the other guy who was a bit rude a page back, be grateful for getting any new updates at all -- it's a free app after all!

Last edited by sowwhatyoureap; 2012-09-28 at 19:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to sowwhatyoureap For This Useful Post:
Ahhh, that's better. Couldn't get any Youtube videos to stream last night. Couldn't make out what the error was that was popping up, (was disappearing too quick).

Just pulled the update down and everything seems good again.

Thanks for keeping things going Marxian
I wish a lot of the other apps were updated a lot more regularly, if at all.
Not happy about the FMobi situation for example, at all

Last edited by stickymick; 2012-09-28 at 19:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube