Before this latest firmware, pandora.com which uses Flash 7 loaded just fine and played streaming music. Now the flash app gets stuck trying to load. Any way to revert back to previous firmware?

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by DCr33P View Post
There is another "funny" thing which catch my eyes. Now, the "softpoweroff" mode works a little bit different. I changed a line in the /etc/mce/mce.ini file and the when I press the powerbutton long enough the device powers off the screen and blocks all the keys. Compared to pre-10.7 time, I hear a "click" when I press buttons or tap the screen. Actually I can confirm that nowthing is beeing changed "in the background", just the tapping sounds.
It doesn't make sence, because everytime I tap the screen and press a button in "softpoweroff mode" the CPU has to do something (playing a "click" sound) and probably gets out of it's powersaving cycles.
Now that can't be good...

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
I like the new OS so far:
- interface seems to respond better
- scrolling long menus is faster
- it is easier to select text in the browser without panning
- can see YouTube videos
- Power + Lock touch screen and keys seems smoother
- scrolling seems easier in the RSS reader (it used to stutter for me)
- and there is the N800 video included rather than just the N93

it feels like the "SP1" version

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
Originally Posted by Tabster View Post
you should have your pubic hair plucked one by one for that... whats next, patch tuesday requests?

j/k
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by Tabster View Post
I like the new OS so far:......

OH no not the "SP1", run Linux run!

In Maryland also.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I see a BIG improvement in battery life. All the bugs mentioned are there, but I still see this as a substantially better system now. The new camera, though, froze me both times I used it -- the second time I had to remove the battery to reboot.

Why is there an easy way to check Gmail and not other web mail such as Yahoo Mail? My Yahoo address is so old I want to keep it.

Kind of a big paradoxon and really nasty abuse in just one sentence
How much did Billy payed you for this?

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
Originally Posted by brendan View Post
you should have your pubic hair plucked one by one for that... whats next, patch tuesday requests?

j/k
Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
OH no not the "SP1", run Linux run!

In Maryland also.
Originally Posted by DCr33P View Post
Kind of a big paradoxon and really nasty abuse in just one sentence
How much did Billy payed you for this?
tee hee. OK, maybe not the best phrase! Just an old Windows/DOS guy here making my way in the world!
But it does feel like this is the version that should have been released originally

Heh, I am waiting for many years for M$ to release their final OS

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2007 @ New York, NY
wow!! it's a mess!! flash is all over the place, there is a huge sync problem. I was at least listening youtube videos but now it's horrible. I couldnt even stand to watch it. And also I can't install gaim it's giving me the msn plugin error. Any advise?