Notices

Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
The default icons are embedded on the application but you will find the same ones on your phone @ /opt/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon... You will need to first copy them using the x-terminal somewhere else under your home so you can select them using the application.
Thanks, but I can't seem to find the ones you used. I see color versions of them and error versions with ! marks. I'll have to copy the entire folder and look through it sometime.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Thanks, but I can't seem to find the ones you used. I see color versions of them and error versions with ! marks. I'll have to copy the entire folder and look through it sometime.
This link can help a little on your quest: http://www.forum.nokia.com/document/Maemo_5_Icon_List/

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@fcrochik
I located the reason for MyContacts stopping to handle incoming calls ringtone - it is toggling vibration on/off on the active profile. I hope this can help you in finding walk around of this issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
i cnat download this application. anyother applicatopn just for gsm conatc list

I want to install this application, but its not there in the application management list. Is there any direct link?

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by maverick788us View Post
I want to install this application, but its not there in the application management list. Is there any direct link?
Extras : http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p....2-1_armel.deb

Extras Testing : http://repository.maemo.org/extras-t...13-1_armel.deb

Take your pick, download the deb file and run it through the File Manager on you N900.

or

Open a terminal, go into root* by using "sudo gainroot" and the type :
Code:
dpkg -i /path/to/your/deb/file/my*.deb
* you need rootsh application to be able to get root, also installable via application manager.
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

The Following User Says Thank You to eitama For This Useful Post:
Since UNIX commands are different from Dos command and I am not much familier with UNIX command I downloaded this file into Data Folder. I can't run it from File Explorer, how can I run it from XTerminal??

Last edited by maverick788us; 2010-08-24 at 07:57.

Can I run this command in X-Terminal Console?
As I wrote... "Open terminal...."
What exactly is the error you are getting when trying to install this from application manager?

Please be precise. Write down everything you see.

I downloaded it into Data Folder and when I run it form File Manager, it opened Application Manager and then download. It shows error message "UNable to install 'Crochit MyContacts' some application packages required for the installattion are missing"

I downloaded it into Data Folder and when I run it form File Manager, it opened Application Manager and then download. It shows error message "UNable to install 'Crochit MyContacts' some application packages required for the installattion are missing"
Do that again, and click the details to see exactly what application package is missing and type it here.
Is your N900 PR1.2?
Do you have Extras / Extras Testing / Extras Devel enabled?