Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
1) I'm not sure why you need a keyboard to move pages in fbreader..later builds in extras-devel allow you to swipe up and down. But I imagine the Kindle application would work. You just have to get the .apk file somehow (market isn't working since it's not an authorized Google device).

2) I don't think so.
ah here is the answer. I needed table of contents in my oreilly books and they did not work in the maemo fbreader. so I emailed fbreader directly and a developer gave me an updated version (12 something) that could read toc. He expressed his surprise that the n900 was still working on version 10 where 12 was the current stable version while 14 was the devel version. anyway I was able to map my keyboard to make it useful but lost both swipe on screen and the volume rocker changing function.

too bad development on fbreader does not incorporate the latest stable version for arm as that can in fact read toc.

The Following User Says Thank You to extendedping For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
I just downloaded the Kindle application, it works perfectly.
I guess it is worth getting an sd card now just to have kindle on the n900....thanks.

Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
I guess it is worth getting an sd card now just to have kindle on the n900....thanks.
Get the fastest SD card money can buy.

Originally Posted by jaimex2 View Post
Get the fastest SD card money can buy.
thanks for the heads up, is version 6 fast enough? I see there is a version 10 as well...

hmm would this card work?

http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Clas...2921551&sr=8-1

if I do this I may as well as mugen as well. boy will my wife be mad.

Last edited by extendedping; 2010-08-27 at 15:07.

That card won't work. It needs to be microsd.

Many people say that the N900 has reached it's end of life early.

With Android and possibly Meego the N900 can't have a brighter future then it obviously have.

As usual, thanks to all the Devs for supporting the n900 for all of us.

It's amazing.

Last edited by peynaud; 2010-08-27 at 16:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peynaud For This Useful Post:
I hope they'll publish what they've done to reverse engineer the 3g/phone controller.
I hope to see a meego with 3g/phone too in the future or maybe a nice phone app for my Fedora 12 partition
It's a pain in the *** that if you dual boot in something else than maemo the phone wont work:P

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ottawa, CANADA
Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
2 questions.

as opposed to having to use the keyboard to move pages in fbreader?

use the volume key

Originally Posted by tape_ape View Post
use the volume key
I have the latest stable arm build 0.12 and it does not support volume key for page changes, I use it cause it does sjupport toc which I totally need to read tech books (like oreilly).

Originally Posted by tape_ape View Post
use the volume key
I have the latest stable arm build 0.12 and it does not support volume key for page changes, I use it cause it does sjupport toc which I totally need to read tech books (like oreilly).