Posts: 36 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saudi Arabia
There is a one-size-fits-all call divert in N900, there should be seperate options for

1-divert when busy

2-divert unconditional

3-divert when turned-off/unreachable

vote here:
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...ivert_options/

Last edited by rami; 2009-12-09 at 22:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to rami For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
that's already managed on the provider side!?

Or do you mean a program to manage the settings? On a "per line" solution? That would mean to implement all call-divert-frameworks like all cellular, all SIP, skype, gtalk, gvoice, and so on...

For cellular the codes are available at your SIM but the framework seems to have some bugs as far as I know from following the bugtracker.

My SIP settings I can change online, or directly at and just for my dect (means I change the setup for actually being connected, what happens when offline is set at the provider homepage).

The Following User Says Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Under "Settings" Menu --> "Connectivity" Tab --> "Phone" option we get Call options under which we have Call Forwarding with only 1 option "No answer in 20 seconds, unavailable or busy, forward to"

while typically there are 5 options in the call forwarding available in all other Nokia models

1- Divert All Voice Calls: technically called "Unconditional forwarding", which forwards all calls before ringing even if your mobile is switched on. if forwarded to CLI+ it is called "Appear Offline"

2- Divert when Busy: forwards the call to the chosen number when the subsriber is engaged in another call without "Call Waiting" or the subscribers hits the busy button

3- Divert when Not answered: the customer chooses a time threshold after which unanswered calls are diverted

4- Divert when switched off or no coverage

5- Cancel all diverts

n900 offers a merge of 2,3,& 4, you can't select any of them seperately, and you can't have 1

As profiles and diverts are very basic today besides all normal smarphone options there should be options for addtional profiles (timed) with built in controll of data roaming control.
Home network with unlimited data plan configured as you want with widgets, E-mail sync.
Editable roaming profile for EU where again the charges are high but not so bad.
Rest of the world where you can put all dat only Wlan an e-mail as we want, manual or hourly based on individual needs.

having control tables for call forwarding is a great service sold by many mobile operators, it would be great to have this feature embedded in your mobild... but I guess that's a bit far... let's fight for the basics first

it would be great if you can post this idea as a Solution here

http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...ivert_options/

Last edited by rami; 2009-12-11 at 12:02.

This screen-shot shows the Call forwarding menu in n900

for users using CLI+, they will end up receiving (and paying for) an SMS notification for every call they hit the busy button for or choose not to answer after 20 seconds. while if they had the divert option of Turned-off / Not-available (like every other Nokia phone) they will just receive notifications when their mobiles are turned off or out of network coverage.
Attached Images

a workaround would be to send supplementary service data to the network to set this up. They start with # or * and are standartised. Unfortunately the N900 rejects "calling" # or *. If implemented properly you could add a shortcut on the screen for all your divertion needs.
I guess voting would help.
https://bugs.maemo.org/votes.cgi?act...5380#vote_5380

also is there a way to extend the time limit before a all is diverted i find 20 seconds is far to short i would want around 45 seconds especially when im at work and my mobile is on my desk if it rings have to come over to my desk and see who is calling and answer or reject in 20 seconds it just aitn long enough i dont want to turn off diverting because if i dont want to talk to the person they cant leave me a message

Originally Posted by TTN900 View Post
a workaround would be to send supplementary service data to the network to set this up. They start with # or * and are standartised. Unfortunately the N900 rejects "calling" # or *. If implemented properly you could add a shortcut on the screen for all your divertion needs.
I guess voting would help.
https://bugs.maemo.org/votes.cgi?act...5380#vote_5380
yup, this is what I tried to do when I got hit by the primitive call forwarding options... and it was then that the disappointment of USSD failure on N900 hit me too

already voted twice for the USSD bug

Last edited by rami; 2009-12-11 at 15:33.

Originally Posted by ddwwf1 View Post
also is there a way to extend the time limit before a all is diverted i find 20 seconds is far to short i would want around 45 seconds especially when im at work and my mobile is on my desk if it rings have to come over to my desk and see who is calling and answer or reject in 20 seconds it just aitn long enough i dont want to turn off diverting because if i dont want to talk to the person they cant leave me a message
Either file as a feature request (to do it from the N900 GUI) or do it directly from your phone MMI.
The SS you are looking for is Call forwarding on no reply "CFNRy" (61). Type **61*Number_to_forward_to**45# as phone number and press dial. If you get an error bring the 45 down to 30, since the allow max time is network dependent. Since *# is not working you need to put the SIM into another phone, run the above and change back to the N900..... hope it'll work out.

The Following User Says Thank You to TTN900 For This Useful Post: