Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ inglewood
yeah.. the paper... back of a matchbook in thickness.... did the trick... very annoying to be forced to resort to such a scotch tape and popsicle stick solution.... but better then having a very expensive wifi tablet that doesn't make phone calls....

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ italy
hi guys, 2 days ago I reflashed rootfs and emmc. No one problem on my n900 since that operation and I was able to do calls too.
today during clean system (eg. purging hildon-theme-beta, etc..) for sure I deleted some file that manages telephone-module because now I've "SIM card not recognized".
I don't want to reflash system one more time, just I'd like to know wich file/s reinstall to solve this problem.
I read at page 10 in this thread the Santiago solution:
Originally Posted by santiago View Post
reinstall the CMT radio files
maybe this is right solution?

Originally Posted by maemo.it View Post
hi guys, 2 days ago I reflashed rootfs and emmc. No one problem on my n900 since that operation and I was able to do calls too.
today during clean system (eg. purging hildon-theme-beta, etc..) for sure I deleted some file that manages telephone-module because now I've "SIM card not recognized".
I don't want to reflash system one more time, just I'd like to know wich file/s reinstall to solve this problem.
I read at page 10 in this thread the Santiago solution:

maybe this is right solution?
Same problem for me, from about 16:30 today, the N900 can't register the Simcard... what's your operator?
I've tried another Simcard and that one works, mine in another telephone and mine works... the problem seems to be between the N900 and my simcard... same to you?

(stesso problema per me, dalle 16.30 circa di oggi, che operatore hai? io uso 3, sono a Milano, in un centro 3 mi hanno detto che poco prima di me una signora con il mio stesso terminale sempre con la 3 lamentava lo stesso problema...ho provato la mia sim in un altro telefono, e funge, un'altra sim nel mio telefono, e funge..la mia sim nel mio tel no!)

Originally Posted by SamuTnT View Post
Same problem for me, from about 16:30 today, the N900 can't register the Simcard... what's your operator?
I've tried another Simcard and that one works, mine in another telephone and mine works... the problem seems to be between the N900 and my simcard... same to you?

(stesso problema per me, dalle 16.30 circa di oggi, che operatore hai? io uso 3, sono a Milano, in un centro 3 mi hanno detto che poco prima di me una signora con il mio stesso terminale sempre con la 3 lamentava lo stesso problema...ho provato la mia sim in un altro telefono, e funge, un'altra sim nel mio telefono, e funge..la mia sim nel mio tel no!)
yes I use 3 italian company too!!
maybe it's a 3 company problem! in this case I suppose I've to wait...
keep'n touch SamuTnT

same problem! I use 3 italian company

Originally Posted by maemo.it View Post
yes I use 3 italian company too!!
maybe it's a 3 company problem! in this case I suppose I've to wait...
keep'n touch SamuTnT
..i'll wait till tomorrow, i need this sim to work 'cause it's a business sim.. can't wait days (knowing how in italy works) to get back my phone working... i've called the callcenter for business contracts (139), they said that they don't know anything about a network problem, they suggest me to change the simcard so tomorrow i'll try that way.. the first change is free of charge...

..i'll wait till tomorrow, i need this sim to work 'cause it's a business sim.. can't wait days (knowing how in italy works) to get back my phone working... i've called the callcenter for business contracts (139), they said that they don't know anything about a network problem, they suggest me to change the simcard so tomorrow i'll try that way.. the first change is free of charge...
same problem for me in Milano, I did try using another 3 card and doesn't work so the problem must be some combination between n900 and 3 network. Does somebody else has the same problem it Italy outside Milano?

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Trst - Trieste, Italy
Very same problem with "3 ITA" in Trieste since this afternoon (about 4-5 p.m.). I've tried a different sim from the same operator and still got the same error. For a very short time I was able to connect to the TIM network (just 2.5G not 3G) in manual network selection mode. Both 3 sims work with another phone (Samsung Corby Pro).
The N900 otherwise works flawlessly with Vodafone and TIM sim cards.

Last edited by Mitja; 2010-11-24 at 18:43.

for 3 company italian users:
http://forum.telefonino.net/showthread.php?t=760571
http://www.maemomeego.net/sim-3-vf42...4-vp18924.html

...just a question... how many of you are using NiTDroid?? i'm using it, in dual boot... maybe the problem is with the android os? probably once the imei is associated with and android os it's banned from 3 network... don't know.. just an idea...

The Following User Says Thank You to SamuTnT For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900, not recognized, problem, sim, sim card, sim problem