Hi,
i read that i can import my .pcf file to my vpnc on my N900 but anytime i do it doesnt show and file has been imported.
my question is do i import it to all the field like
config file
key file
cert file
ca file
secret file
do i import the same file to all these fields or how do i configure it

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Could you be a bit more specific on what you do and what errors you get?

You may use the pcf2vpnc script that is included in the vpnc package. As root just do "pcf2vpnc «input file» > /etc/vpnc/vpnc.conf". You should then be able to start it using "vpnc".

I had a look at several GUIs, but none seemed to be capable of it, so there doesn't seem to be a way to avoid using the X Terminal.

firstly what application should i install to use pcf2vpnc. if its the default command that comes with openvpn it doesnt work i keep getting /bin/sh not found..
Could you be a bit more specific on what you do and what errors you get?
i dont get an error it just doesnt import any file or it doesnt show that it has imported any file..
i think that i dont have the vpnc installed where can i get it i was assuming that opne vpn from the maemo repo was the same as vpnc but i think it is not.
how can i install vpnc.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Oh, you don't need to install openvpn, that's something different. If you have a pcf file, you have a Cisco VPN. That means you should install vpnc instead. It's in the extras-devel repository. See here, but please keep in mind that extras-devel might break your device. Only use it if you know what you're doing, and if you use it be sure to disable it afterward.