Notices

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
I know what you mean. But the multiple key presses and screen taps only happens occassionally after you become more experienced using OS 2008. Pressing on a key quickly (but firmly) can prevent multiple characters, and not having your hand near the screen can prevent the menus on the left side of the screen from annoyingly poping open when clicking on something else on another part of the screen - I think the touch screen is effected by having a hand too close to the screen.

Yann hacked the source code so it can run on OS 2008. Some semi-proficient Maemo developer should be able to hack it to run on OS 2007.

I haven't messed with it yet, but you could set up a dual-boot system with OS 2007 and OS 2008 (either of the OSes on a SD card).

I had some fun last night playing around with TiGCC (which uses C and 68k assembly) to create applications that run on Texas Instruments calculators, in this case TiEmu 2 running on my N800. I'm going to see if I can do a quick port of TiGCC to Maemo Linux in the future so I can create Ti Apps on my N800 and run them with TiEmu.

Apple 68k Mac: Basilisk II
Commodore 64: Frodo
Palm OS: Access GarnetVM
TI-89 Calculator: TiEmu 2

I somehow managed to get the TIGCC files built for Maemo Linux. (Where there's a will, and a day off, there may be a way.)

If anyone is really interested in it, I'll upload the tarball somewhere. Maybe someone with Linux\Maemo skills could package it (or give me a few weeks). The Linux IDE of TIGCC is meant for KDE. Give me a year or so and maybe I'll have that built for Maemo-KDE.

Originally Posted by Yann Benigot View Post
You can try this quick and dirty package and extract one of the two roms on this site directly in your home directory (so they really extract in ~/.hp48).
(Modified source code)

Thanks, I installed it and you are correct, it is slow, I'd say approximately five times slower than a real HP48GX. Now I'm off to figure out how to load my HP48 programs and libs into this emulator.

Last edited by st5150; 2008-05-09 at 08:59.

Could someone please explain the roms, because I downloaded a ti 84 and when I go to find it it is not in the add area

Oh, also the sin and all other buttons besides the basics are not working for me either

Last edited by jbb; 2008-05-16 at 21:38.

I believe you will need a ROM image file from a TI-89/92/V200. TiEmu doesn't support older TI models (TilEm does, but there is no Maemo port of it yet).

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle
I just upgraded OS2008 to Diablo, and the respository is no longer able to refresh. I use tiemu2 at work, and could really use it back. Any one have any suggestions on how to track down the deb file for tiemu2, or update the repository to the correct location? Thanks

Joe

Hey everyone, I was wondering if/where it is still possible to get this application.

Try this.

http://yannbng.free.fr/Maemo/repo
chinook | main

or

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/tiemu2/

The Following User Says Thank You to OSEmuTech For This Useful Post:
Tried all of the above and non of them worked. I am running under diablo. I treid adding his repository but it would not refresh.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle
Noonker,
I had some of these issues too, and I found that the repository in diablo was automatically searching for Diablo distribution. The Chinook distribution still works but you have to manually input it in. Go to Application Manager, Tools, Application Catalog. If you have Yann Benigot's Repository already installed, just edit the catalog details so they look like the following:

Web Address: http://yannbng.free.fr/Maemo/repo

Distribution: Chinook

Components: main

Refresh and you should be good to go.