0.4.4 is out, but it seems you did not release the NoShare version for MeeCoLay users on N900.

Do you plan to do so or do you definitely drop support for this platform ?

The Following User Says Thank You to pierrem For This Useful Post:
amazin update BTW ! thanks !!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Germany
Originally Posted by pierrem View Post
0.4.4 is out, but it seems you did not release the NoShare version for MeeCoLay users on N900.

Do you plan to do so or do you definitely drop support for this platform ?
@pierrem: Sorry, i just forgot to update the links (added them but they where still referencing 0.4.3 ) . Please try again

I will try to update as long as my n9 keeps running, which i still use because of it's offline navigation

[Edit]As i do not own an N900 myself, please let me know if something stops working or was made worse with this update or any further update ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cnlpete For This Useful Post:
@cnlpete : little off-topic but you can try beta Nokia Here map apk, just amazing ! event if it's only a beta, working falwessly, and offline mode is already there

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
@cnlpete:

not related to the 0.4.4 update, but to the POODLE security issue: I modified my web server to refuse ssl v2 and ssl v3 connection, so that only tls secure connections are allowed. And it seems that ttrss reader do not like it at all, refusing to connect to my server with the characteristic error on the server side meaning that it only wants to connect using ssl v3.

I guess this is an issue with the library used to connect to http servers more than with ttrss reader itself, but if you happened to know how to fix it, that would be great

FYI the same issue happens with Modest trying to connect to a dovecot server configured to disable ssl v2 and ssl v3

thanks

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Poland
once I updated to 0.4.4, I started receiving the following error:
Login failed (received http code: 0) no matter what I type as my credentials, even when I switch off internet connection on my N9.
Web version working fine. Tried reinstalling and moving back to older versions with no results. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Poland
problem solved - nothing to do with the app. it was a server configuration issue. by examining the apache logs I figured out that ModSecurity was blocking JSON requests from my N9 to TTrss API.

Originally Posted by prosper View Post
once I updated to 0.4.4, I started receiving the following error:
Login failed (received http code: 0) no matter what I type as my credentials, even when I switch off internet connection on my N9.
Web version working fine. Tried reinstalling and moving back to older versions with no results. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Originally Posted by prosper View Post
problem solved - nothing to do with the app. it was a server configuration issue. by examining the apache logs I figured out that ModSecurity was blocking JSON requests from my N9 to TTrss API.
It might be an issue regarding the POODLE attack. I never changed the ciphers or protocols and at least my n9 always uses SSLv3 instead of TLSv1.0. I will try to add an option for that in the next release, but i am glad your issue was resolved

I can't authenticate against "my" server, too. The admins switched off SSLv3, so that might be the problem.

OTOH, starting the app from the terminal gives this output:

Login failed {"seq":0,"status":1,"content":{"error":"LOGIN_ERRO R"}} http status: 200
But I'm 100% sure that I'm using the correct credentials. I can authenticate with the "TT-RSS" app and the sailfish browser, too. So it must be something about this app.

Could anyone give me a hint how to debug this further?

Originally Posted by fupduck View Post
I can't authenticate against "my" server, too. The admins switched off SSLv3, so that might be the problem.

OTOH, starting the app from the terminal gives this output:

Login failed {"seq":0,"status":1,"content":{"error":"LOGIN_ERRO R"}} http status: 200
But I'm 100% sure that I'm using the correct credentials. I can authenticate with the "TT-RSS" app and the sailfish browser, too. So it must be something about this app.

Could anyone give me a hint how to debug this further?
I just released a hotfix v0.4.7 with a possible POODLE fix. simply increase the minSSLVersion in the settings.

Let me know if everything works, the noshare version for N900 will follow.

[edit] sailfish version will follow aswell[/edit]

Tags
tinytinyrss, tt-rss