I haven't had a single problem with my N900's speed since I bought it back in September 2010.

Then, a few days ago, I shut it down for the night (to preserve battery as I wasn't at home, which I had done quite a few times the past week) and booted it back up in the morning.

And since then it's SLOW. Transitions, touches, closing programs, ...

And I haven't changed *anything*.

Top says the load is about 0.30. I haven't looked at it before, so I don't know if that's a lot or not.

Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
device overclocked and not saved as default profile?
when you reboot, switch off and on, settings are set to default wich is 600 Mhz.

It may just be the tracker-indexer doing its thing, i.e., making thumbnails of images, finding music etc.

Similar thing happened to me recently and it just went away after a while.
So maybe give it a couple of hours and see if it goes away.

No, I haven't overclocked anything. I'm way to scared to do that :P

It could be an indexer, although I don't have a lot of music and videos *and* it's been like this for 3 days now.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Maybe another reboot will do the trick?
It also happens to my device sometimes...

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
I also bought mine in September 2010

Occasionally it acts sluggish, but it's only because an application (like email) suddenly thinks, "Oh look, an internet connection! Let's get that email!" and everything slows down in, say Angry Birds.

One thing you could try is restore from a recent backup, or turn off and remove battery for a few minutes, or pour Red Bull all over it. I tried the last one and it turned into an N9....ha ha