Notices

Poll: What are you missing in horizontal-call?
Poll Options
What are you missing in horizontal-call?

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by must4get View Post
There were no cool apps to enhance the phone feature in N900. Horizontal call is a cool idea. Thanks for the app and works fine for me.

You can check out a small review with screen shots in my blog.

Just a suggestion : This app will be great if the UI can be improved some more with some shadows or fancy buttons.

Great job..!
Thanks buddy
There is however an app called MyContacts. It doesn't do exactly the same thing as horizontal-call, but it may be used to ease calling usual contacts and lots more + the author puts more effort into it then me
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eitama For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chillout View Post
Hello eitama, it's me again with the private caller problem.
Since your app is so great and useful i really want to be able to use it and it's completely useless for me for now because no one answers hidden callers (at least in my country lol).
I still have hopes that my problem has some solution and i have tried few ways.
Figured that the code that needs to be sent is *31# (to show my ID which is hidden by default by my operator). I've set the option to show or hide my ID to 'Let network chose' - dialed a friend number and it was hidden. Then i added this code to my friends contact and dialed and good news - number shown. Then i went to Horizontal-Call - refreshed contacts - tried dialing the *31#+123456789 (example only) but when i click on 'Call' it shows 'Dialing...' and in a second or two reverts back to 'Call' option. So is there a way for you to set the *31# code to be sent before every number? The official dialer has no problem dialing the *31#+1234.. number.

Note: I have also installed the *# Starhash Enabler as a last resort to solve my problem but still no go.
Hello there eitama and all that have my problem,

I am puzzled about why i didn't think of this simple fix to my problem earlier, i could have spared you the time and efford to help me.
I've just found out that deactivating/activating my CLIR function takes about 10 secs and considering i don't hide my number at all i guess this could pass for a solution

Horizontal-Call works like a charm now, thanks for this great app!!

Thanks eitama!

Added video review for those who want to know what they are installing before installing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfqS-eNJ3lU

BTW,

Iv'e sold my N900, and can no longer maintain this app. (It never worked in the simulator so I did all debugging on my own N900).

If this is not working in PR1.3, and anyone wants to take a shot at fixing the code and maintaining it, even adding features regardless of PR1.3, let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to eitama For This Useful Post: