Active Topics

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
got email this morning confirming they have the n9 64gb in stock at www.handtec.co.uk

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Originally Posted by Shinto View Post
I just played with a black N9 at a Vodacom store in Johannesburg, South Africa. They didn't have any in stock for sale, nobody seems to around here, but they were expecting to get them in around the first week of November.
I was at Vodaworld on Wed 26th for the MyBroadband 2011 conference, where 2 N9s were given away by lucky draw (and I wasn't lucky :-().

But, the Nokia shop there has Black N9s in stock, selling for R5699 (R100 more than E7 I think) incl 14% VAT. That is approx $730 (or about $650 excl VAT). I didn't check, but since the Navifirm list only listed 16GB models for ZA, I assumed it was the 16GB one.

Apparently (according to the MC of the My Broadband 2011 conference, who incidentally said he was using an N9) Vodacom is launching the N9 soon (ie within a week or two).

8ta is offering the N9 on their site, and according to twitter they have stock. But, it is really expensive, free on Contract 7 (R700pm), or R2500 pay-in on Contract 2 (R130pm), where N8 seems to be free on Contract 2!

My current contract is Vodacom Everyday Off-peak, so if I want to take N9 it will probably be quite a pay-in I think, whereas N8 is just an extra R15pm for 24 months.

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Well after reading quite a few posts in this thread i seem to realize that the cheapest prices for the 64GB version seem to be in dubai.

I have a friend that's told me that the Black N9 64GB is currently selling at 2349 AED(around £397 or $639 USD) in stores in dubai while the Blue 64GB is going for around 2200 AED.

The prices seem really tempting to me to actually pick one up but i would like to know if the models sold in dubai are made in china or made in finland??
Going through some posts in TMO i realize that the ones made in china seem to have all the screen issues & bad reception issues..

The Following User Says Thank You to funkmunk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ciaps View Post
Hi,

Where did you buy it? could you post the link ? International shipping right ?
from this seller
http://www.superbuy.my/shop/p-78520-nokia-n9-16gb.aspx
international shipping included

The Following User Says Thank You to anis_ber For This Useful Post:
Posts: 106 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Corfe Castle, Dorset, UK
There was an address issue with my handtec order and I had reason to call them up. The guy on the phone said 'they are definitely here in stock, I saw them this morning'....

Winner

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HughF_UK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by HughF_UK View Post
There was an address issue with my handtec order and I had reason to call them up. The guy on the phone said 'they are definitely here in stock, I saw them this morning'....

Winner
Hugh, I followed your suite. I cancelled the mobilefun and expansys orders and went for the 64gb from Handtec. A big thanks for the tip!

It will be interesting to see where they sourced the devices from; Finland or China. I expect you'll know before me.

The Following User Says Thank You to jpfsn For This Useful Post:

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
If you avoid taxes, that is a good deal..
there was no taxes from where i purchased it.

www.welectronics.com

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Corfe Castle, Dorset, UK
Originally Posted by jpfsn View Post
Hugh, I followed your suite. I cancelled the mobilefun and expansys orders and went for the 64gb from Handtec. A big thanks for the tip!

It will be interesting to see where they sourced the devices from; Finland or China. I expect you'll know before me.
Glad to be of help.

A week ago, I was sure I was going to stick with my n900 for a long time to come, but the more I watched the videos, the more I thought about the fact that this phone is something special, and the more fed up with the 256mb of ram in my n900, the more I thought 'sod it - only money, I can always make some more'

Time will tell if I can manage without a hwkd... If I can't it will make a good gift for my gf, or perhaps I'll sell it.

I went for the cheap delivery, so perhaps yours will arrive before me?

The Following User Says Thank You to HughF_UK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco
i also ordered from Negri on Monday, received it last night, and its the 16gb black Singapore model. It seems Negri's source of phones is coming from Singapore, and the 16gb one's don't have branding but the 64gb ones do.

Tags
dupe thread, pls merge