Notices

Originally Posted by microjo View Post
what does "Override FMTX checks in UI" mean in options dialogue?
It keeps notifications about connected headphones out of the way. Useful for the modified transmitter daemon.

Originally Posted by passm View Post
I love streaming movies using the stock media player rather than actually downloading them first. This doesn't work with Open Media Player
More details, please? It should work for cuteTube, don't know about other cases. How do you try to open the movie?

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
CPU gone wild (100%) twice since last update . Sorry that I didn't have a chance to attach gdb, will try next time. BTW is there a debug package for OMP?
Would be great. I can't reproduce it anymore since the last fix, but I still suspect the thumbnailer. If you want to give it a try, I have just uploaded openmediaplayer-dbg to the repository.

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Try X-CSSU-Force-Landscape=true in the .desktop file.

FYI not sure if this blocks built in rotation.
Unfortunately it does. :c

Originally Posted by mirandir View Post
I don't see where this strings are used in Open Media Player :

one: %n song
other: %n songs

one: %n album
other: %n albums
Looks like you have already figured that out, but just in case: they appear in the artist browser, for example. You probably know them as "%n song(s)", but Transifex displays them this way.

Originally Posted by ioncelmare View Post
i was unable to answer to two calls when i was using the OMP. playing a song, on a stereo jack, latest cssu and power kernel.
just not go on phone mode, ringing and black screen. after phone call, everithing go back to normal.
someone else got same problem?
Yes and no... Something like that happened to me a few times, but then I realized that I was covering the proximity sensor with a finger.

Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
It can't be forced rotation otherwise OMP would've always been in landscape mode though latest OMP update fixes it. Now when you click on video in portrait mode, it switches to landscape
Strange, I don't remember changing anything related and clicking still only brings the GUI up. Orientation lock (like in the status menu) and forced rotation (configurable in transitions.ini or the CSSU tool) are different things.

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
It currently does not accept command line - i cannot open files with it using filebox for example - it just launches the player but the selected file is not played.
More details, please? What kind of file do you try to open? Where in the filesystem is it located? I think that files outside of Tracker's indexing paths could have problems.

Originally Posted by romiiio View Post
now everytime omp is opened it goes to first song in playlist unlike upto last version it would start from last stopped song which was really useful!
Does not happen to me. Anyone else?

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Where are the lyrics gotten from?.
http://lyrics.mirkforce.net

Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
The process is working openmediaplayer even after stop playing and exit the program. In my case consumes 60% of the CPU.
Can you reproduce it every time, or at least quite often? Unless I learn how to encounter that bug, I'll probably need help from someone who has more bad luck than me.

Originally Posted by mase View Post
Jumping within podcasts is not possible, even when the episode was
downloaded to the device. The displayed length is always -00:01.
I have experienced that only while streaming, so I can't say whether it's fixed for offline playback, but it seems to work for online.

A new version is out and I'll post a changelog for your convenience and to make this post even longer.
  • More reliable metadata fetching in "Now playing".
  • Fixed keyboard focus in the lyrics editor.
  • Modified playlist editing in the playlist browser to work in a similar manner to "Now playing".
  • Disabed the progress slider in "Now playing" for the stopped state.
  • Shuffle buttons are scrolled together with the song/artist list.
  • Fixed wrong song count being displayed in certain situations.
  • Fixed up/down shortcuts in some views.
  • Updated translations.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Is it possible to get Lyrics from the metadata?

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
i got a suggestion:
search bar in portrait mode! and maybe it can show when camera button is half pressed? it can also work in landscape, but in portrait it is necessary because sometimes it's difficult to scroll 800 songs.
Best solution is to make something like in symbian (v5; ^3) in contacts, but as i said search bar shows after pressing something

The Following User Says Thank You to pawelstryju For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Finland
Is there a way to download lyrics to every song on the playlist simultaneously, not only to the song which is playing. I have over 5000 songs on my device, downloading the lyrics individually is so slow. And I have a little feature request; Mussorgsy-like album art and ID3-tag editing.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Keneraali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by Keneraali View Post
Is there a way to download lyrics to every song on the playlist simultaneously, not only to the song which is playing. I have over 5000 songs on my device, downloading the lyrics individually is so slow. And I have a little feature request; Mussorgsy-like album art and ID3-tag editing.
I second that. An ID3-tag editor and cover-art browser would be very neat.

The Following User Says Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:
Another bug, i don;t know if somebody already reported it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pq3KGLXYTE
Happend to me couple of times. Sorry for video focus (no, i haven't recorded it with calculator :P ) my n97 is screwed

Originally Posted by pawelstryju View Post
Happend to me couple of times. Sorry for video focus (no, i haven't recorded it with calculator :P ) my n97 is screwed
Do you have speedpatch/batterypatch installed?

Originally Posted by BrX View Post
Do you have speedpatch/batterypatch installed?
speedpatch only

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Is it possible to get Lyrics from the metadata?
MAFW seems to support such metadata, but I haven't checked whether it really works. I'll look into that.

i got a suggestion:
search bar in portrait mode! and maybe it can show when camera button is half pressed? it can also work in landscape, but in portrait it is necessary because sometimes it's difficult to scroll 800 songs.
Best solution is to make something like in symbian (v5; ^3) in contacts, but as i said search bar shows after pressing something
The camera button would be useful mostly for lefties. I experimented with pressing/swiping from the edge of the screen and it seemed pretty nice with long fingernails, but not so easy with short. I think I have to cut one nail and do more tests. I guess an entry in the menu would also do its job, but that's two clicks away.

Originally Posted by Keneraali View Post
Is there a way to download lyrics to every song on the playlist simultaneously, not only to the song which is playing. I have over 5000 songs on my device, downloading the lyrics individually is so slow.
Currently no. It might be convenient, but wouldn't that have some impact on the lyrics server?

Whoa! But unfortunately that's all I can say... Does it happen only with "Now playing" window open? Beware, it usually stays in the background, so to really close it, go to the player settings and press "Save". But just like BrX suspects, something else than OMP might be the cause.

The Following User Says Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
speedpatch only
I've noticed the same bug as you have, by updating speedpatch, and later batterypatch. I think that speedpatch causes the problem ;x

//EDIT

Hmm strange, after installing new version of OMP, problem dissapeared.

Last edited by BrX; 2011-12-04 at 17:01.

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse