anyone do that?
did the regret it?
i am really attracted by the touch's eye candy as well as fast browsing.....
i am just a normal end user - use my 810 for movies...internet..and jotting down notes.....am i making a big mistake?

do the optimization, and i dont think that you'll regret it any time soon, maybe if the touch has some amazing stuff off the SDK, but its a pay to upgrade thing. so go w/ the the N810, notes are great, internet too. Movies may take some work, but if you rip to psp format should work.
not a mistake, trust me

If you care about browsing - N810 wins hands down. By a large margin. More pixels => better browsing. And the zoom is just as functional (I personally find the zoom keys MUCH MUCH more ergonomic than that two finger stuff you have to do on the iphone/touch). I don't know about flash support, but given Steve Jobs snide remarks, I'd guess that Apple couldn't make flash work properly on the iPhone/ipod touch.

Martin

yea thats a good point
but off topic for a sec
future wise - dont you think the nokia tablets will just end up like psion? they are niche products and will prob never go mainstream...
thats my 2c anyway

So? A lot of people were happy with their psions after they stopped making them. And, yes, after it gets ditched by Nokia (presuming that happens), you'll have to get something else. If you bought a 1g iPod Touch, you'd have to get something else anyhow, because the non-replacable battery would be dead by then; the only real loss you could possibly suffer (in my mind) is the investment in learning Maemo-specific stuff. And I think it's easily worth that, for all the benefits while it lasts.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by berlinberlin View Post
yea thats a good point
but off topic for a sec
future wise - dont you think the nokia tablets will just end up like psion? they are niche products and will prob never go mainstream...
thats my 2c anyway
Perhaps, but the whole field of MIDs is expanding. So even if I won't be using a Nokia tablet, it might just be another great MID. It's nice having something really small and portable (before I'd just carry my laptop around). Now it's pocket sized.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Madison, WI
Originally Posted by berlinberlin View Post
anyone do that?
I have both.

The iPod Touch is an MP3 player.

The Nokia N8x0 is a computer!

The Following User Says Thank You to zeleftikam For This Useful Post:
um i think its more like this
" iPod Touch is a computer in a steel cage with guards"
" N810 is a linux computer"

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
I might have bought the iPod touch if it had a functional BT DUN stack. The fact of the matter is I like the idea of the OSX Mobile platform, but the iPhone costs a bloody fortune and the Touch will always be crippled in order to not compete with it's big, revenue generating, brother.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Hint: Nokia knows the future is not phones as we know them now.