Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
The process isn't easy but I have started taking Maemo5 Themes and redo them to make them work on OS2008 for everyone holding on to there N800s and N810s. I am glad to do the work I just ask any theme designers that want there theme back ported to OS2008 please send me there Source png or psd. It takes me about a week to tear it apart and rebuild it for OS2008 but with all the new people getting into theme design this would be a great way to get new themes on the old devices.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Unfortunately Maemo 5 themes mostly consist of specific themeing for new elements (often with fixed dimensions). While there are still large sections for legacy elements, these are generally not nearly of the same quality.

Source files for Fremantle themes are generally vector graphics (.svg or .ai). I hope these will be made available at least for devel-based themes (which use .svg), but it is unclear yet how they will be distributed.

Originally Posted by kanishou View Post
Unfortunately Maemo 5 themes mostly consist of specific themeing for new elements (often with fixed dimensions). While there are still large sections for legacy elements, these are generally not nearly of the same quality.

Source files for Fremantle themes are generally vector graphics (.svg or .ai). I hope these will be made available at least for devel-based themes (which use .svg), but it is unclear yet how they will be distributed.
Not everyone uses vector graphics for there themes a lot of people including my self do their themes in gimp or photoshop. I know that they consist of new elements but like I said I tear parts out of the old theme and reuse them or re create them using the OS2008 template. Either way if people will release there source in vector or in bitmap format I can tear it apart and recreate it for OS2008, I know it works be cause that is how I did the Fremantle for Diablo Theme.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Sorry, I just meant the official themes. They are all done as vector graphics.

Originally Posted by kanishou View Post
Sorry, I just meant the official themes. They are all done as vector graphics.
They are also closed source/Copy Written as well. So no luck in getting them released.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I will release all my source files if you are willing to backport them. But it can be done only after proper versions are releases and the bugs are fixed.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by joppu View Post
I will release all my source files if you are willing to backport them. But it can be done only after proper versions are releases and the bugs are fixed.

Good luck!
thanks, I agree I would wait until a 1.0 release version before doing this but if there are any changes they are easy for me to add.