Originally Posted by fr_78knots View Post
Did someone managed to correct the problem?
I think Nokia is needed to correct the problem, maybe PR 1.4, or at least PR 1.3.1, but I think we will not get either

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
I think Nokia is needed to correct the problem, maybe PR 1.4, or at least PR 1.3.1, but I think we will not get either
My standard email has been showing a blue new email icon as a new email during the last 3 weeks also even after marked all emails read. I have been through all emails in the inbox and opened them but the error still occurs?

First sorry for bad english. I own a N9 059J200 since Firmware 1.3 (new flash not update i have the Email Bug). I use two yahoo mail accounts and now i see not "recent mail" and i see not the blue sign with the number of new Mails right from the account. When i delete the accounts and i make a new setup it works for 5 Minutes and than the bug is back. Nokia Support says to me i am the only customer in world with this problem, they have checked my error description and they can not reproduce. i am very angry against Nokia, the N9 ist top but support ist the badest from all celluar phone manufacturs,

Here is the Translation from the answer from Nokia. Translation from germany to english with google translator:

Von: "ContactCentre.Europe@nokia.com"
An: ***********@yahoo.de
Gesendet: 8:13 Mittwoch, 18.Juli 2012
Betreff: Ihr Nokia N9-00

Dear Mr. *********

Thank you for contacting Nokia Care

I want to apologize to you most sincerely for the delay, Mr. ********!
As I promised you, I have forwarded your concerns to the responsible development department to find a solution for you. This department has set the Yahoo Support. In response I got, that you contact the support of Yahoo must apply directly, so you can discuss the issue with colleagues, as our engineers have found no error in the compatibility between OS 1.3 and the Yahoo email account.

Last edited by marcaurell; 2012-08-02 at 13:27.

Should everyone with this problem send an email, so that Nokia understands that the problem is widespread?

Is there anyone with PR 1.3 that doesn't have this problem with Yahoo mail on their N9?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Post about this problem directly in the n9 email/exchange thread...Once Sergey is back i'm sure he'll help us out...Opening a new thread without linking it back in the master thread might result in him missing this out...

After all, as of today we are the only OS vs iOS & Android that have a fix for Hotmail using Exchange thanks to Sergey giving his sources for the latest update of his app...

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United States
Originally Posted by lupastro View Post
Hi,
Well, in the Wallpaper and Feed screen, I get the mail notification. Anyhow, when I enter the mail app, each of my emails accounts say "up-to-date" and no "blue circle" with the new emails number is there.
Here is the best work-around that I could find so far. I will warn you that it's fairly clumsy, and requires Developer mode and a little familiarity with the command line.

1. Add harmattan-dev repository (if not done already)
    Code:
    devel-su
    <enter root password>

cat <<EOF >/etc/apt/sources.list.d/harmattan-dev.list
    deb http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/ harmattan/sdk free non-free
    deb-src http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/ harmattan/sdk free
    deb http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/ harmattan/41667a5bd857be02f487c2ce806fbf85 nokia-binaries
    EOF

apt-get update
  2. Install sqlite3 (run as root)
    Code:
    apt-get install sqlite3
  3. Change the status codes for any new messages you currently have (run as your normal user, not root) to restore the blue circles:
    Code:
    sqlite3 /home/user/.qmf/database/qmailstore.db "UPDATE mailmessages SET status=18497 WHERE status=18496"

This isn't a permanent solution, the blue circles will probably stop working again the next time your e-mail is checked, at which point you could re-run step 3. I could envision this third step running periodically in the background using a script or through cron to keep up the appearance of the blue circles working.

This also doesn't fix the "Recent Messages" list. On my N9, which has four IMAP and two Gmail accounts, only the recent message from Gmail are shown. I'm still working on that one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shinto For This Useful Post:
Good work! Thedead1440 and I are also trying to solve this problem on this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...il+mfe&page=85

Just go to the LAST PAGE or two and see if you can give Sergey what he's requesting. He's really good at solving N9 mail issues and we hope he can solve this one.

I have sqlite3, but I couldn't get your code to run. Do we run the quoted material once the program is open?

Thanks again.

Here is the work-around I'm using. It does a pretty good job at keeping the blue new-message circles active on IMAP accounts. It requires sqlite3 installed, as I described in my previous message.
  1. Open a terminal, SSH in, or otherwise get a command line as the 'user' user
  2. Run sqlite3 against qmailstore.db
    Code:
    /usr/bin/sqlite3 /home/user/.qmf/database/qmailstore.db
  3. At the sqlite> prompt, Create a trigger on the mailmessages table
    Code:
    CREATE TRIGGER message_status_kluge INSERT ON mailmessages
      BEGIN
        UPDATE mailmessages SET status=18497 WHERE status=18496;
      END;
  4. Back at the sqlite> prompt, close out.
    Code:
    sqlite> .quit

What this does is tweak the status code on any new message that comes in after the trigger has been created. Now, this isn't quite 100% effective, it may or may not immediately show the new-message circles, and for that I blame the write-ahead log DB (qmailstore.db-wal). I was unable to disable WAL, no matter what I tried.

I also noticed if I deleted qmailstore.db-wal after creating the above trigger, all sorts of stuff would break, so don't do that. If you do, the fix would be to delete the entire .qmf directory and reboot.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shinto For This Useful Post:
Please help me what make i wrong??
Attached Images

Last edited by marcaurell; 2012-08-16 at 18:27.

Originally Posted by marcaurell View Post
Please help me what make i wrong??
You are logged in as root, and the root user cannot access this database. You will need to log and run these commands (at least the sqlite3 command) as the 'user' user.

I can't see in your screen capture if you logged in as 'user' and ran 'devel-su', or if you logged in directly as root. From the
Code:
~ #
prompt, type "exit" and hit Enter. If you then see a
Code:
~ $
prompt, you should be able to run steps 2, 3, and 4 in my above procedure.