hi.
i want to install sailfish os in Nokia N9 16GB.
i use this http://youtu.be/bRncXK6dmMc tutorial for install.after install sailfish boot , but asked system language and after select back to first step and ask again.
if i select and complete it , show please wait and after few second back to first step.

how can solve this problem.

thanks.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by sailfishOS View Post
hi.
i want to install sailfish os in Nokia N9 16GB.
i use this http://youtu.be/bRncXK6dmMc tutorial for install.after install sailfish boot , but asked system language and after select back to first step and ask again.
if i select and complete it , show please wait and after few second back to first step.

how can solve this problem.

thanks.
Probably you made some mistake in installing the rootfs.
Just wipe your ALT_OS partition and re-extract the tarfile.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@juiceme Y U SO DELETE AND WIPE?

to accept language you need to swipe dialog page or use dialog buttons at to. clicking on language is just changing system language, it doesnt accept dialog.

eh, its sad sailfish have no tutorial BEFORE initial setup.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
@juiceme Y U SO DELETE AND WIPE?
Well, yes, if you for example botch the install by not extracting the tarfile with --numerical-owner, the N9 port of SFOS behaves so that it will not start up completely.
I thought the original poster had that problem.

It is really the fastest way to fix it; just boot to maintanance mode, wipe the ALT_OS by "rm -rf /media/ALT_OS/" for example and then untar the archive again... matter of minutes to do it.

to accept language you need to swipe dialog page or use dialog buttons at to. clicking on language is just changing system language, it doesnt accept dialog.

Okay, if that is really the problem, then my solution does not apply of course...but it cannot be so simple can it???

If he has the 1.0.2.5 image he has to swipe in the other direction, as gesture is rotated (90 degrees).

Last edited by Morpog; 2014-10-15 at 11:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
hi.
my problem solved.i remove Alt_OS and create again.and change this permissions and work fine for me.

thanks all.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
IIRC it now has an animated gesture hint if you're sat there staring at it waiting for long enough.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@Morpog page swipes are always in right direction, windows peeks are rotated.
@juiceme i really saw a lot of users whu dont understand first dialog and blaming sailfish because whey cant leave language selection page

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
@Morpog page swipes are always in right direction, windows peeks are rotated.
@juiceme i really saw a lot of users whu dont understand first dialog and blaming sailfish because whey cant leave language selection page
I really never thouhgt that possible!