Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
for some reason, when inputing items in the calendar on the n9, or my outlook, or the webmail, using exchange, my calendar items are not showing on the calendar.

i have tried the following to troubleshoot:

-input item on n9
----result-shows on calendar online and other devices, but eventually will just disapear on the n9

-input on the webmail calendar
----result - shows that the sync has added an item, but it does not show on the calendar of the n9, but it does on other devices

-deleted item from n9 calendar
----result- it deletes the item on the webmail and outlook calendar

-deleted item that is "invisible" on the n9 from the webmail calendar
----result-the n9 sync shows that it has deleted one item from the calendar.

so it looks as if the data is getting to the n9, but is not showing. and even if you enter the item in the n9, after a couple of syncs, it also disapears but still shows in the webmail calendar, and if you deleted it in the webmail calendar, it shows as a deleted calendar event on the n9.

anyone have any ideas?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
is your device set to automatic time/date update?

also, how long in the future are these events? IIRC i did read on another thread someone posting the same issue due to event being more than 30days into the future...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-07-28 at 17:56. Reason: typo

hmm. i will try to do the calendar events at a closer span. these were for october.

also, the time is set to auto with tmobile.

i have two devices and both set up the same, only this one is having issues.

also, i have some repeat items that are from the past that are showing. it is just the new items that i am adding.

fyi, i have done a soft reset of the settings and the same issue is happening.

also, have delted the exchange account, made sure the calendar and the contacts are all gone, did a reboot, and have not added the account fresh again and am currently syncing the data back.

UPDATE:

yes, still very strange. it will sync and show all the items that are repeat items through 2013 no problem, but any new items that i try to place in there are "syncing" but still not showing on the device.

i have just created a new item that is for 3 days out, synced.that seems to show so far.

errr...

you know what. it must be a pr1.3 issue.

both of my devices (1 finland, 1 singapore) are doing the same thing. :/

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
could i check what are you using to sync your calendar? caldav, webdav, exchange?

yes pr1.3 has unfortunately brought about some irritating bugs like tracker acting up too...

ok, so after some testing, this is what i have found:

it will show "repeat" items as far as you set them out without issue. all of them will show up.

it will sync, but not show any items 40+days out from the current date! while even if you put them in the device, after the first sync, they show, but will dissapear upon 2nd sync. though they do not show on the device, they do show up and stay on both my outlook and webmail calendars. so they are not "deleted" but just dont show ont he device.

in order to test this theory of the 40+, i will wait until tomorrow and report back to see if my next items show up.

i hope someone can come up with a fix for this rediculous bug that was introduced in pr1.3. what good is a calendar if for only 40 days?

Using exchange.

Ditto, i posted a similar problem in the MfE thread. http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=809

It was a pain the other day when i was trying to work out which days i needed to take off in november, and i knew it was in my google calendar, but wouldnt show on the phone!

About this problem, I can find almost no information. Is it possible that the error does not appear in the calendar for all users?

Could you find a solution for this problem? I would be very happy. Thank you.