Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by tpaixao View Post
Hi guys,

Sorry for the long absence. real life gets in the way.
I was waiting for PR1.2 to upload this thing to extras-devel since that will bring QT4.6 and I would have to recompile/package anyway, but it is taking longer than I thought. So, I'll try to do that soon.
I'm thinking of changing the UI to something more like the alarm settings (the scrolling lists) since the sliders are not very handy. What do you think?

It would also be nice to have a small preview of what the camera is seeing, right? I'll try to do that...

HDR is still down in my list of future features...

@Twinings: I can increase the limit to anything you want. It's just that there has to be a limit, unless I just drop a textbox there, which would defeat the purpose of a GUI. any suggestions?

@erniadeldesktop: maybe you are trying to take high resolution pictures with the front camera. that won't work since the camera doesn't support those resolutions. I'll try to make it smarter about this.

Thanks for all your interest guys.

Tiago

Here is my simple Interface design for this QTintervalOmeter app.
If you like it then please go a head with it
But I still hoping that you can somehow have an option to covert those pictures to a video file from the ap directly.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Lappeenranta, Finland
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Here is my simple Interface design for this QTintervalOmeter app.
If you like it then please go a head with it
But I still hoping that you can somehow have an option to covert those pictures to a video file from the ap directly.
That design looks great, cant't wait for this app to get a GUI. I'm not so good with X-term, usually all I get is error messages..

And if I may contribute, I'd like to suggest a name for this app. "QterValometer".

Hi all,
Probably its not relevant but I am working on a project related to this. I have an application that allows users to take picture and upload it immediately. Using gstreamer works just fine but it does not have flash and one annoying thing is that before I can take picture, I have to open the lens cover and it automatically open the default software of N900, I have to close it and use my own. I wonder is there any way to disable that auto-open software and use flash in gstreamer??
Another alternative is that I can use the default software to take picture and listen to changes in 'camera' folder to get the taken picture to use in my application.
Any idea?

Last edited by lamle; 2010-04-25 at 14:32.

Ane idea to disable that default camera software yet???

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Houston
Hey guys,

I was waiting for PR1.2 to work on the new version of this thing. I was hoping to be able to use the new QtMobility APIs to use the camera directly, but, unfortunately the Camera APIs didn't make it to our beloved devices. But, when they do, I'll have direct control over the exposure, so HDR will be possible . So, for now, you'll still have to have gstreamer-tools installed. Sorry...

Anyway, I decided to revamp the UI a bit (thanks for the ideas, maxximuscool) and get rid of some limitations you guys pointed out. here's how it looks like now:

I increased the limit of photos to 9999, hope that's enough.
I added a little button to preview your shot, so that you can frame things properly before you start snapping away. Just press "preview" and wait a little bit and your shot will appear. Other than that, it's pretty much the same, only prettier.

I already applied for a garage account, which is the first step to submit to extras-devel, so you'll be able to download from there, soon.

thanks to everyone for all the feedback and especially to Ricardo for the original idea and implementation.

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Tiago

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tpaixao For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lamle View Post
Ane idea to disable that default camera software yet???
Hi

I don't know how to do it, but I think there was an app in the repositories that allowed you to remap all these default actions for the hardware buttons. So i guess that should be possible with the lens cover, too.

Alright guys,
the garage page is up and running here. You can download the .deb from there and the source code, if you are interested. Remember, you still need gstreamer-tools installed, for now. I am trying hard to use gstreamer directly but it just doesn't cooperate.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and enjoy it. I would love to see the movies you make with timelapse (which is the new name, btw).
Please keep the feedback coming. You can use the bugtracker at the garage page to leave suggestions, complaints, etc.

Tiago

Last edited by tpaixao; 2010-06-01 at 04:01.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Looks interesting so far

I think, intervalometer (TimeLapse) and lfocus could/should be integrated under same GUI.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Caracas/Venezuela
Thank you for this app!! Having more then 100 photos was indeed necessary. The picture preview does the work, although it will be nice to see video insteed.

Some improvements i think can be done:

-It really needs a STOP button
-How about showing elapsed time?
-Show number of photos that have been taken.

The Following User Says Thank You to seridyan For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera, photo