Active Topics

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Can you play videos with your units, Fellfrosch, TheKit, Mosen? Online streaming like Youtube/Twitter, and local files?
I just tried youtube yet. I can play videos on 1080p.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Temporary and partly broken workaround for us-intl on the qwerty Proš: https://github.com/sailfish-on-fxtec...ment-568145159

Based on my non-official layout for computer keyboard (vanilla us-intl + a few extra characters on unused levels):

https://reho.st/0x0.st/z0gu.png
For me much more is broken. I have a Pro 1 with german qwertz layout. I can't use keyboard at the moment, all letters have a offset. Typing for example an "a"gives me a "\". Typing "h" gives me a "g".
I made a pull request with a german layout. But I fear, it is rubbish otherwise the porters would have react on it. So I hope, that you make a keymap file on which I can build on. But maybe mosen has more experience with xkb keymap files.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
For me much more is broken. I have a Pro 1 with german qwertz layout. I can't use keyboard at the moment, all letters have a offset. Typing for example an "a"gives me a "\". Typing "h" gives me a "g".
I made a pull request with a german layout. But I fear, it is rubbish otherwise the porters would have react on it. So I hope, that you make a keymap file on which I can build on. But maybe mosen has more experience with xkb keymap files.
This might be obvious, but sounds like you have qwerty layout in use. I'm having qwerty layout, though I ordered qwertz, and I have the same problem, as there's "\" button where I'd suppose to be "a". The "a" button is the only button I have problems with (along with having ä and ö remapped to a strange place, but it's different story), but practically the whole row of keys has been moved to right by one. So if you try to hit "qaz" on the keyboard, you get "'\]" instead.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Yeah my layout is for qwerty Proš, I did not expect it to work for qwertz because I have no idea how the keys are coded and the second level characters are distributed on other keys. Perhaps you could ask someone using Android, where the qwertz keyboard works as expected, if they can look into the layout files and see if there would be something to base your work on? I don't know if Android uses xkb at all to be honest.

Regarding your layout, maybe you could use it even if it is not merged? Mine is dirty and I now it won't be merged so I did not even make a PR, but as a temporary solution it's good enough, I can now use the keyboard to type everything I need in SFOS, and I use the Proš as my daily driver. I need to figure out why dead keys do not work though, and using other modifier keys like the yellow arrow or even the camera button (too free the thumbs) would be nice.

I wonder why video playback does not work on my device, I didn't tinker with anything related to videos.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-12-21 at 14:49.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Ubu chroot on Proš running SFOS:

Thanks a lot to Preflex and TheKit for making this possible!

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Ubu chroot on Proš running SFOS:
[...]
Thanks a lot to Preflex and TheKit for making this possible!
Awesome!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Android is GARBAGE. I even managed to crash/reboot my Pro1 somehow by being too impatient and pressing the home screen only a second after it booted. Also, bugreport: the launcher seems to be really buggy, I can't always close open apps for some reason when going to the dashboard thingy.

Maemo-Leste port for the Pro1 when? I'm back to my N900 because I can't ****ing stand Android.

At least the camera is awesome compared to the N900, here's a pic of when I was benchmarking my Precision M4500 a few weeks ago:

Last edited by Wasmachinemann-NL; 2019-12-21 at 20:45.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
Here's a pic of when I was benchmarking my Precision M4500 a few weeks ago:
https://i.imgur.com/LMWhX7J.jpg
Awww, now that i know, i should have invited you into my walk-in freezer when you visited to do your benchmarks

Have you tried the Sailfish port?
It is pretty damn good.
I can answer questions if you fear to loose functionality over your current Android pain.

@Kabouik, yes video playback seems flawless. I mainly use Leszeks player but even in Jolla Browser i got 1080p vids running. Why are you asking?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Awww, now that i know, i should have invited you into my walk-in freezer when you visited to do your benchmarks

Have you tried the Sailfish port?
It is pretty damn good.
I can answer questions if you fear to loose functionality over your current Android pain.

@Kabouik, yes video playback seems flawless. I mainly use Leszeks player but even in Jolla Browser i got 1080p vids running. Why are you asking?
Notes app and is there a music player like Rockbox/Audipo?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
Notes app and is there a music player like Rockbox/Audipo?
there is fooxls notizen.md and many other notes apps on sailfish. Maybe others have a suggestion.

As for music player, i agree rockbox is awesome.
On Sailfish there is Quasar MX which is much praised by the community.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit