Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Not acceptable at all!
In my view, a work-around is temporary. Long-term, I quite agree as we do not want to be dependent on Nokia in any way. But if you carry a n900 and need email access, you do what you have to meanwhile.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Thanks guys! ... Nokia Messenging is indeed still working which is something ... (And way preferable to having a gmail browser session constantly open! ... would prefer to get back to imap though if anyone works it out! x

The Following User Says Thank You to EmmaGx For This Useful Post:
Does anybody know how the offlineimap was implemented?

The usual way is to mirror the imap into a MAILDIR folder... or some magic was implemented to translate that to the modest format if there is such a thing?

And where does offlineimap store those mails?
I don't think it's a folder issue, but if it is, offlineimap allows to map server folders to different local folders.

The Following User Says Thank You to xvan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Man, my timing to get back into the N900 is terrible! It only arrived a couple of days ago, and I was scratching my head as to why I couldn't get Gmail to work... at all.

A quick visit to TMO and it's all here - hope the smart guys can fix whatever is broken.

Also (off topic) I'm disappointed that I can't get any of the available Twitter apps to work. This N900 is quickly becoming unappealing, which is a shame as I was so excited.

EDIT: I just set up my Ovi Mail account as a test (I just use this for junk mail, nothing important) and it worked, and I can read/send emails just fine. Shame it's not my main email account! :P

Last edited by AndyNokia232; 2013-06-13 at 03:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Same problem. This is a total bummer.

The Following User Says Thank You to jacktanner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
If we know the bug-causing messages maybe it's time to contact the devs? Maybe the - chars in the id are causing any problem?

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
OK, I think I found what the problem is. It is the do-while loop here https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/...der.c#line5979

This is how the (start of the) response looks like:
Code:
* 181 FETCH (UID 293 MODSEQ (382264) BODY[] {199644}\nDelivered-To: ivo.g.dimitrov.75@gmail.com\nReceived:...
https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/...der.c#line6005 breaks if there is enclosing (")") bracket in the message, which we have in "MODSEQ (382264)" just before the "BODY" part, so it exits the loop before parsing the message.

I think there are more places to fix that, will do (hopefully later today)

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@fmg
If we would have possibility to thank a thousand times, I think your thanks count would be trillions

If you are that deep into sources, would you mind to have a look at why modest for some imap accounts cannot display all folders (one account only inbox, other account a few are missing like spam/trash, others work flawlessly). I believe it could be similar reason. Just a beg. Please do not feel pressed.
Main goal is to fix gmail (just as I feel it could be similar).

Again thanks (in advance).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@peterleinchen - without a test case I can't do much. My gmail account in modest looks just fine to me, so I have NFC where and what to look for not having the problem in the first place

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2012 @ port harcourt
In my own case, a work-around to Nokia Messaging is a problem half-solved, as I could nt find all my msgs in the inbox, only 97 out of 2000+
Is that how it works please?

The Following User Says Thank You to mrbee For This Useful Post:

Tags
modest, nokia n900