Did anyone else have issues with "missing packages" during the OS update? It still let me continue, but I guess a lot of updates were left undone....

And it didn't ask me to back up.... ? (EDIT: Never mind, it asked me at the end of the update - wasn't expecting that.)

EDIT 2: The update "semi-bricked" my N810. I think I have to re-flash the old, pre-diablo kernel. Looks like the new kernel is still causing problems for the N810....

Last edited by gnuite; 2008-05-21 at 15:56.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I had that problem, I canceled and tried again and it worked fine.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Another small issue regarding application installer/application installation:
- when you click on a deb file in the web browser, the download dialog provide only option to save the deb file. It won't allow you to install the file right away. (The download dialog claims, that there is no associated application) However, when you click on the deb file in file manager, it will install just fine. I believe installation from webbrwoser was working before
-when you restore a back up and you had application list archived, it will start application installer and provide you a dialog "do you want to install all these applications", there is a status field in this dialog, where it claimed "will install 200MB" of applications. WTF? But explanation was simple, it summed size of all shown packages: canola ~24MB, canola-tuning ~24MB,... I found it fairly confusing at the first look

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Mythic: the first one is probably about web server mime types and not diablo itself.

The Following User Says Thank You to disq For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by disq View Post
Mythic: the first one is probably about web server mime types and not diablo itself.
Then... garage download page has a bug

Here's one:

glibc6-dev is not installable, because it's newer than glibc6...

I think this relates to the SDK repos, actually, which I'm not supposed to use on the device; but I think it would cause the same problem in the SDK? Alas, I haven't the time to set up the SDK, and I have only a vague knowledge of the Debian repository & apt system, so I'm not entirely sure it is a bug. But it sure looks like it from here.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Well,

[sbox-CHINOOK_ARMEL08: ~/fvwm-2.5.26] > apt-get install libc6-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
libc6-dev is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
(I cant see no glibc6-dev so I used libc6-dev instead)

So I can cure your fears about scratchbox.
Also you are installing something in Diablo that is from a Chinook repo. If the libc6 is upgraded in diablo and you are installing from chinook repo, I can hardly say it's a Diablo bug.

I'd say just compile the same version of libc6 from source on the device. Running make and make install will get you the headers you need and be the same as a -dev package.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-05-24 at 09:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Looks like the MicroB big text bug is fixed in 21-4.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Well,
(I cant see no glibc6-dev so I used libc6-dev instead)
Oops... Yes, it's libc. Evil gremlins...

Also you are installing something in Diablo that is from a Chinook repo. If the libc6 is upgraded in diablo and you are installing from chinook repo, I can hardly say it's a Diablo bug.
You're right... That's it; the SDK is Chinook level. Thanks!

I'd say just compile the same version of libc6 from source on the device. Running make and make install will get you the headers you need and be the same as a -dev package.
Probably a good solution, but I got things going on one of my Chinook versions... now I just chroot there to build stuff.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Looks like the MicroB big text bug is fixed in 21-4.
I spoke too soon - happened twice. Seems like happens only from time to time.