Notices

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post

Suggestion noted and I will try and think of a better location.
Isn't $MYDOCSDIR (usually '/home/user/MyDocs') the preferred location save thing in Maemo. Hopefully default subdirectories there are documented somewhere.

I have understood that in Fremantle $MYDOCSDIR is by default symlinked or directly located in internal mmc.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
Isn't $MYDOCSDIR (usually '/home/user/MyDocs') the preferred location save thing in Maemo. Hopefully default subdirectories there are documented somewhere.

I have understood that in Fremantle $MYDOCSDIR is by default symlinked or directly located in internal mmc.
I'm unsure (and, in all honesty, quite confused) on how Fremantle is structuring its directories. When QGil changed it to /home/user/MyDocs/, he reported that Transmission was still giving a "Permission denied" error message. But when I set it to default to ~, QGil says that downloads work. So I'm unsure about using MyDocs.

osso-af-startup says:
export INTERNAL_MMC_MOUNTPOINT='/home/user/MyDocs'
export INTERNAL_MMC_SWAP_LOCATION=$INTERNAL_MMC_MOUNTPOIN T
export OSSO_SWAP=$INTERNAL_MMC_MOUNTPOINT
--

-maemo3 uploaded. The menus are still using the old style (at least until I figure out a sane way to convert a program using GtkUIManager to one using a AppMenu...) but it defaults to /home/user/ for the default location to automatically load torrents (if a better choice can be given, then, please, let me know ); and it should be able to open torrents from the browser and file manager now. Other stuff done is minor

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-08-18 at 11:31.

If $HOME/Downloads isn't located in internal mmc while $MYDOCSDIR is, using $HOME/Downloads can't be right.

Qgil is referring to his personal folders. What's the real path of these, /home/user/MyDocs?

Someone in the know should clear up where is correct location to save files.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
Someone in the know should clear up where is correct location to save files.
danielwilms says $HOME:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...e=4#post308458

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
danielwilms says $HOME:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...e=4#post308458
Weird. Is $HOME in mmc too? I'd like to refer to documentation, but I don't think there is any

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
It's application whoring advertising time :

Transmission maemo5 has been sent to the autobuilder, and this update includes:

- A switch to the thumbable menu (the options not available from the menu have been moved to the toolbar or are available when doing "tap-'n'-hold" on a torrent):

- Opening torrents from the browser should work in one step (I say "should" because I could only test with simple command line apps)

- The Torrent Properties dialog box should be kinetic

- The Add Torrent dialog box has now been made a window with kinetic scrolling (hitting the back button in the corner cancels the adding of the torrent while hitting "Torrent Options" brings up "Add". :

(Blame Stskeeps for making me change my choice of testing torrent)

As for ideas, I'm out of them but I'm open to suggestions and will do my best to implement as many as I can.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Is kinetic scrolling now just a part of the OS and all its windows or is everyone implementing it differently themselves?

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Is kinetic scrolling now just a part of the OS and all its windows or is everyone implementing it differently themselves?
There is a "standardized" (in the sense of Fremantle, anyway ) kinetic widget: http://maemo.org/api_refs/5.0/beta/h...nableArea.html

But it's up to a program whether it uses it or not... it may, for whatever reason, be using the "classical" window with scrollbars instead of the kinetic scrolling.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
It works! Also from the browser.

Maybe you want to improve the jump, though. Clicking the torrent at http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/4...ns?tab=summary you end up in a "Torrent details" page that was quite cluttered with info and options but had no 'Add' button. It took me a while and two attempts to figure out that the button came only after clicking the menu area on the top. At the beginning I thought it was being automatically added.

The icons in the bottom could be sharper and more colorful, perhaps.

You're getting there!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Thanks!

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Maybe you want to improve the jump, though. Clicking the torrent at http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/4...ns?tab=summary you end up in a "Torrent details" page that was quite cluttered with info and options but had no 'Add' button. It took me a while and two attempts to figure out that the button came only after clicking the menu area on the top. At the beginning I thought it was being automatically added.
Would this be suitable?

(Verify Local Data moved to the menu as I don't see it being used commonly (having Add in the menu wasn't well thought out, agreed), and cancel being the back button in the top- right corner)

It's probably the best I can get it due to space constraints (and I'd prefer not to make it a scrolled window).
I'd also rather not remove any options as, for me, using µTorrent, the ability to change download folder for a single torrent, adding it in a paused sate, and being able to select the files you want to download all are useful things to me.
But, the Add button can be made bigger if desired.

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
The icons in the bottom could be sharper and more colorful, perhaps.
Yes, most are using the stock icons that are a part of GTK. The icon for the "start torrent" and "add torrent" are taken from what I used for Diablo (I looked in /usr/share/icons/hicolor on my N800); I have no idea what they look like on a real device even - they're blank in the SDK.
I can try and substitute as much icons as I can using the /usr/share/icons/hicolor in the SDK but I cannot ensure that the end result will look good on a device. Which is why I've, so far, stuck to the stock icons - I know that they'll (despite being rather bland) show up in both the SDK, and on a real device.

Designing icons myself is not an option as I cannot use The GIMP to save my life.

OK, I've had a root through the SDK icons and this is what I've managed to see, any icons that don't suit the action that it is meant to depict?

(The pause icon shown here isn't in the SDK so I can't really include it (yet) )

Thanks again!

P.S: Apologies for the messiness of this post.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-08-23 at 17:33.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bittorrent, development, extras, fremantle